Solved

Esim is locked

• 15 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

purchased my s24 ultra from samsung, and then activated it on t-Mobile.  Hated the service so switching back to another carrier, and now T-Mobile wont unlock my esim, and I cannot use the phone any longer.  They send me to Samsung and Samsung sends me back to T-Mobile, and cannot get any straight answers other than it could take a month?  So right now I have a 1400 phone that is essentially a paper weight.  HELP!!!!!!!

icon

Best answer by HeavenM 19 April 2024, 20:24

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

A lot of devices sold SIM lock to the first SIM registered in it.  This would happen on any Samsung device where the model number ends in U.  If you have a 928U, that's why.  You would need to meet all of the SIM Unlock Policy requorents before T-Mobile would be able to SIM unlock the device.  That includes being a T-Mobile customer and network usage depending on the type of service you had with T-Mobile.  

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Is your final bill to Tmobile paid off? If so Tmobile should release it.

Badge

T mobile is telling me its because i bought it from samsung.  what difference is that?  Its locked by T-moblie….Worst company Ive ever dealt with!.  I will be starting a law suit against T-mobile for lost wages since I cannot get this phone to work and its a work phone. This should not be that hard???  Stop holding me hostage!  And trust me I will park myself outside every Tmobile store I can right now since I cannot work, and I will make sure I let every person going to that store what a bad company T-Mobile tryley is!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

T mobile is telling me its because i bought it from samsung.  what difference is that?  Its locked by T-moblie….Worst company Ive ever dealt with!.  I will be starting a law suit against T-mobile for lost wages since I cannot get this phone to work and its a work phone. This should not be that hard???  Stop holding me hostage!  And trust me I will park myself outside every Tmobile store I can right now since I cannot work, and I will make sure I let every person going to that store what a bad company T-Mobile tryley is!

It would have SIM locked to which ever carrier's SIM you put in it first.  You didn't buy the U1 model that comes and remains SIM unlocked.  You bought the wrong one.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Unlocking your phone should not be something that causes so much headache. When you got the device from the manufacturer, it does add an extra level, but it still shouldn’t be as hard as you are seeing, I recommend you reach out to our T-Force team by sending a message on Facebook or X. You can use the icons at the bottom of the screen to get to the right accounts. They are amazing with finding the missing link and helping get that unlock completed.