Solved

Hi, I've bought a Iphone of second hand but is locked for T-mobile

• 22 April 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge

I’ve bought a cell phone (14 Plus) to American person, he told me that the phone was legal and I verified the imeis, but when I try to connect with my carrier It is locked, I need help, I check in some pages and it show me that is locked for T-mobile, Who can help me? I feel scamed and I think that I’ve lost my money

icon

Best answer by syaoran 22 April 2024, 16:02

View original

8 replies

Badge

What can I do with this phone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

He blocked me from everywhere and I cannot contact him, I have his number and his networks but he blocked me, he gave me the cell phone in a box of an iPhone 15 plus that he had bought with all his data, I believed everything he said. He told me, I'm sad, I didn't think that an American could scam a Latin American like that, I'm sad for my money.

Buy one from your carrier or a local store to you next time.

Badge

He blocked me from everywhere and I cannot contact him, I have his number and his networks but he blocked me, he gave me the cell phone in a box of an iPhone 15 plus that he had bought with all his data, I believed everything he said. He told me, I'm sad, I didn't think that an American could scam a Latin American like that, I'm sad for my money.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Unfortunately there's nothing anyone can do to help you except the person who sold you the phone.

Badge

I didn't buy it through any service, I gave him the cash and he gave me the cell phone, so I can't unlock it anymore? I try to contact him and he doesn't answer me

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

File a complaint with the service you purchased it from him through.  T-Mobile can't help you unlock it.

Badge

He sold it to me and then blocked me,I tried to communicate with him as much as possible and ripped me off, I'm sad because I feel like I lost my money, I don't know what to do

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Return it to the person who sold it to you.  They would need the device and their T-Mobile account to meet all of the SIM Unlock Policy requirements and then would need to request the SIM unlock from T-Mobile.  Because it's Apple, that can take up to and Sometes longer than 3 weeks.  

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy