TMobile scam to give free device

• 23 June 2023
  • 19 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Be careful with very unethical practice by Tmobile to give you free device and they will tell you it is free and will start charging you a service fee. Anyone have the same issues? When I was at the stores they did this to several customers. I should know better. I’ve been with Tmobile for a long time, after this bad experience, I can’t trust Tmobile anymore. Maybe time to switch to a different company or find customers with similar issues and ask a lawyer to sue this company. It is not about the monthly fee, but it is about big corporation just get a way with unethical business practice by scamming customer.

19 replies

Userlevel 1

We should get everyone that has been scammed by T-Mobile and do a lawsuit!!!! I have been reading a lot of people on her that has been scammed by being told they were getting something free and then being charged for it! I am one of those people and am tired of fighting to get what is owed to me!!

I added a service and the guy - freaking Chad  said my service will be only $10 per line and get free line and a buy one get 1 free promotion ,

he went behind my back changed my service from 120$ to  232/50 and there was no deal until i go my bill 10 days later <«

scammer i will never use your service again

i got magenta plan with one i14 phone free if you pay for one. every bill cycle new charges and i lost one phone right away in a accident. they never let me change the plan the reflect that and though it’ no CONTRACT it’s just as BAD because they won’t let me pay off the account early and go with a company with better deal per line, i pay 150 Magenta for 2 lines!!!! they want me to stay paying for 18 months instead of pay it off. they gave no grievances and in fact are. EVIL company  

Userlevel 1

I am currently working with a lawyer for this same exact issue. I was told I was getting a free iPhone 14 because I was signing up for a second line. Now they are charging me full price for the phone and say that there was never a promotion for a free iPhone. They have the conversation recorded as do I. I recommend anyone that was lied to do the same. It is always best practice to buy over the phone and record the conversation so that you actually have the proof you need to take them to court. Best of luck to everyone who ends up doing business with the terrible company.

I was told I would get a free Iphone13.  I then called their customer support to verify and they communicated that it would show as a charge the first month but I would get billed and then credited the monthly cost that would equal zero.  Three months later I am still being billed and now told I would have to pay the monthly installments as it is not free.  Be sure to get anything in writing!  Now I have to go to their store and hope I find the same sales representative and supervisor that told me it would be free and hope they remember me and do not lie about their promise.

The free phone scam!! A bunch of thieves!! Do not trust what they tell you.  It infuriates me. People need to know and be aware.  

I found out that their customer service call center isn’t very helpful but if you go back into the store where they promised you the promotion they can have a supervisor escalate the promo request.  I am still waiting to see how it goes from there. 

I too was scammed by a company full of liars. I was promised a free phone by a phone sales rep then charged. When I called customer service I was assured it was corrected and that the phone was in fact free. When I was charged again the next month I was told that there was never any such promotion. 

STILL BEING CHARGED MONTHLY FOR A FREE PHONE!!  This is really wrong. I contacted TMobile and  was told it would be corrected and they continue to charge me!! PEOPLE BEWARE IF YOU GO TO TMOBILE!! By the time u get the bill it is too late to do anything!! 

I am fighting the same battle.  I hope someone can stop this from happening to others!

If someone starts a class action suit please let me know. If they truly record all their calls and a lawyer can get a copy they would hit pay dirt with all the lies they hear!

I too was scammed by a company full of liars. I was promised a free phone by a phone sales rep then charged. When I called customer service I was assured it was corrected and that the phone was in fact free. When I was charged again the next month I was told that there was never any such promotion. 

It infuriates me!! So unfair!!!

I am actually thinking of paying for a LinkedIn premium so I can message all the higher ups. 

I found out that their customer service call center isn’t very helpful but if you go back into the store where they promised you the promotion they can have a supervisor escalate the promo request.  I am still waiting to see how it goes from there. 

Its ai customer service robots

I "think" I finally got some help. After filing a report through Convercent, I received a call from Marcus at the corporate office. I saw the adjustment to my bill while still on the phone with him!  Hope they can help you too.

i switched from verizon. i was told that i would recieve a free iphone 13 for each of the 2 lines i was switching. they did not charge me for either phone on the first bill. second bill showed a charge for one of the phones and the other credited per promotion. i called them. they admitted they told me that both phones would be free and they will talk to the person that told me that and credit me for one month of promo, and would contact me within a couple of days. they never contacted me and are again charging me for the one phone. i would strongly recommend not doing business with tmobile. they have proven to me that they are unethical and will not stand behind what they say. very disappointed with them and will finish out my contract and then find a new service provider. i would quit now but i do not trust they will let me go without charging me exorbitant fees.

I have contacted Tmobile several times. They adjust my bill and then the next bill comes and it is wrrong again!  They continue to charge me for the free phone. I can’t believe I have to call them again. Last month I was promised the monthly bill will be right.   TMOBILE IS UNREAL!! Never ever do business with them. They are thieves and dishonest!! 

Badge

JOIN MY 3RD LINE FALSE ADVERTISEMENT  CLASS ACTION BREESERIGNE@GMAIL.COM

ILL SEND YA THE ATTORNEY INFO 

I NEED 40 MORE PPL ARE SICK OF TMOBKLE TAKING OUR MONEY LYING AND THEM KEEPING IT TO CREDIT A BILL THEY NEVSR CREDIT N INLY CHARGE MORE N MORE 

Also u can txt ya name n say about tje 3rd line 

205 643 4047.. I'll send u the information 

Just started 3 days ago was told will receive company discount before we started I said are you sure they said yes we signed up now they are denying my 15 percent discount already what’s next are they going to tell me they are not going to pay off our Verizon phones we just switched from Verizon to this company I hope it was not a bad move how long do I have to cancel ? Was on phone for over 2 hours just for them to tell me nope you don’t qualify that’s not what I was told in store John told me he couldn’t find my company and when I tried to sign up on email sent to me automatically denied do they do this to everyone and will they really pay off our Verizon phones I am very upset about this kind of situation all ready!