Question

Anyone having 5G connection Issues in Charlotte Area

• 14 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

A couple of months ago, an upgrade to my Arcaydian 5G modem caused me to only be able to connect to LTE. I found it to be an issue with a firmware push. After a factory reset, I was able to get the 5G signal. Well...it’s happened again but the firmware version is the same. I did another factory reset to no avail. My cell phone is able to connect to 5GUC.  Anyone else having this issuce in the Charlotte area….or anyone else had something similar? 

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I live in S. Florida and also have the Arcadyan KVD21 5G gateway. My phone shows I can receive 5GUC, but the gateway will only connect via 4G LTE. I get anywhere between 20 Mbps during the day to up to 70 Mbps in the morning or evening.

Putting those numbers aside, I never seem to have trouble with any of my devices, or any problem streaming video, even during the day.

I've decided to focus less on the numbers and more on whether I can actually do the things I want and/or need to do on the Internet, and the answer is yes, I always can. So, while I would like to have faster speeds to satisfy the nerd in me, I am actually very satisfied with the cost and performance of T-Mobile Internet.

Badge

I agree but the nerd in me can’t let it go, lol. I was getting 5G on the modem consistently ad now I’m not. But….as you said, I can still do what I need to do and the price is right!

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I hear you @sjgh20! You and I are much alike!! I’ve only had the service for four months, but I'm hoping that it will continue to improve as Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) becomes more profitable for T-Mobile. When that happens, you'll see 5G everywhere, all the time!