Question

Arcadyan 5G gateway in bridge mode?

• 17 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hello.  I’d like to connect my 5G gateway to my existing Google Wi-Fi mesh router system to improve the signal strength around my entire house.  Can the  Arcadyan gateway be set up for bridge mode to allow it to feed the Google router via ethernet?

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

No Sorry ...

Badge

Bummer.  If I just cable the 5G gateway to my Google Wi-Fi router via ethernet, will it work? I realize that the gateway will still be sending a separate w-fi ID.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Since you can't turn off DHCP on the gateway, your options are limited. Why not put your existing router in Access Point mode, which will turn off DHCP. Then use a different wireless SSID for the T-Mobile gateway from the SSID on your router. If you make the T=Mobile gateway SSID invisible, only the router in AP mode will even be visible.

Badge

If my existing Google router is set up as an access point, then it would not be able to communicate with the other access points in the mesh system, right?  That would defeat what I’m trying to do, which is to use the mesh system to broadcast the signal throughout my house.

Userlevel 1
Badge

If my existing Google router is set up as an access point, then it would not be able to communicate with the other access points in the mesh system, right?  That would defeat what I’m trying to do, which is to use the mesh system to broadcast the signal throughout my house.

I guess you would have to try it .. but I would guess it would still work.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

No, not at all. It will work exactly as it worked before. If the SSID remains the same, the members of the mesh won't know the difference.