Question

Arcadyn - will not accept WiFi Password

• 31 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

Arcadyan gateway - Ethernet direct works - but will not accept my WiFi password. Have reset gateway and set it up 3x. No cigar. Have tried BOTH passwords on back of the gateway, and my new password. No cigar. My phone is connected to Wi-Fi, as are 2 Ring doorbells and 2 Wyze secruity cams. Work perfectly. AND, the T-Mobile Internet app on my Android phone will not let me log in - just wants to do another setup from scratch. ??? Flummoxed. - LongJnSilver

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Just curious as to if you save your passwords to the browser when you are given the option or not. I have the Nokia router and I encountered a bug where after backing out of a given configuration parameter in the web interface a prompt would pop to save the authentication. Well, after being locked out as you state I did some serious investigation. I tested half a dozen browsers on different OS, i.e. Windows 10, Apple MAC and iOS, and Linux. I discovered it was an interaction with the auto save AND the Nokia on the most recent code. I reported the behavior to T-Mobile and even reproduced the behavior 2x with two different browsers while on a call with a T-Mobile engineer. I found if I did NOT save the authentication info to the browser, any of them, I would not have the problem. I cannot say it is the same issue but worth checking. If you save your passwords to your browser check what the browser saved for the authentication to the admin account of the router. T-Mobile NEVER got back to me on the matter after the call so I doubt it is fixed. 

I saw a couple of different variations on what was saved. With the Nokia it would pop the save window and then if I said OK it would have the WRONG information saved. It was saving the WPA key as the password for the admin account in some instances. You have nothing to lose if you check the saved passwords for the access. I found I had to reset the router to default. Use the default admin password first and then go in and set my own personal admin password. After that using a browser without the auto population of the authentication information from saved passwords was fine.

It might not be the same but it is worth checking out.

Badge

Thanks for the info. I’m trying my best not to have to reset the router - AGAIN - but I think you’re onto something. Odd that my phone can use the admin password on the back of the router (the Arcadyan), but when I try to long on using Chrome on my laptop, nope. Thinking I need to find out where the passwords are being stored in the registry and delete them. Blessings, LongJnSilver

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Open the browser to settings and search for password.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Be sure to update Chrome to Version 100.0.4896.60 (Official Build) (x86_64) if you have not done so. Avoid the exposures. 

If your browser has saved authentication information when the results come in it will report the number of passwords saved. Just check them out.

You will quickly be able to see all the settings and check what has been saved.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I got my 5G Gateway and I had the same problem. After 4 hours of messing with it I called support. The sim card wasn’t fully registered on the network.I could connect but kept getting response of no internet. Then I had to reset it and change the WiFi password and the Admin password.

The web interface is very limited on the KVD21. I also just noticed the Firmware version 1.00.12 may not be the latest either. I also can say that this is slower than my 4G LTE MOFI4500.SIM7 

I wish the makers of this gateway would put jacks on it for external antennas. It would make life a lot easier..

On my Arcadyan gateway, the WiFi password was working and now it is not working. I have typed it in, pasted it in and it is not working.