Solved

Bad connection

• 4 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have terrible connection issues with my Gateway 5G. Would this improve with the use of a router system? If so, how do I connect the router with th Gateway modem?

icon

Best answer by formercanuck 6 April 2024, 22:18

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Wifi connection or 5g/lte connection?

Wifi connection is OK, but my netgear is better.

5g/lte connection can be improved through location and possibly external antenna

Badge

I'm talking about Wi-Fi. I have a Netgear system too, but I'm unsure as to how to connect it to the Gateway. Would you give me directions? I watched a video on YouTube, but could not access the T-Mobile support page it showed. That page is central to the operation, but I couldn't get to it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Mine is an old model, but…

I plug one.of the TMobile ethernet ports into the Internet port on my old Netgear… that's it. I.e. the port that used tonconnect Spectrum modem to Netgear now connects TMobile to Netgear

Badge

Yes, I can do that, but there's a 'router' inside the Gateway that must be turned off before attempting to use the Netgear system. All 5G & 2.4G portals must be disengaged, otherwise they just fight with the Netgear system for Wi-Fi control. That's where I lose my way; I can't access the system page that would allow me to do that. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Id recommend juat disabling the 2.4GHz on the TMobile.  Similarly,  you can use a different  SID, and your device should use different slices or 5Ghz for wifi