Question

Echoing on phone

• 11 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

People hear an echo when they call me or I call them.  What is the problem and what  is the solution?

6 replies

Userlevel 1

Could someone please address this? I experience the exact same thing. I know this is because of my connection and not the caller, because it happens to multiple people who call me. The only solution I know of is for them to hang up and call me back. When the second call connects everything is resolved. 

I had the same problem when anyone and everyone called me,  I would have to call them back to get rid of the echo on their end.  I was lucky enough to get a tech at T-mobile that suggested checking to see if I had wifi calling checked on.  I did for some reason and once I unchecked that (turned off)  my problem was solved!  It’s been great for the last 5 days.

I’m not saying that this is the only solution but it was my solution.  So checking it out on you phone and see.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

more often than not its due to wifi calling..if for whatever reason WFC is  having issues or is a bit lacking at that time it’ll affect your calls. your phone will usually hang onto a wifi connection like a death grip even if its not doing the greatest.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The main reason this can happen, is when you have someone on speakerphone or have the earpiece turned up so loud, that the mic picks it up.  The mics on these devices are quite sensitive.  

Hi,

I was hoping to revive this thread since it seems my situation seems a little more unique. To start, I always use wifi calling since the coverage is terrible at my house so all incoming and outgoing calls are on our high speed internet connection. When I use my 2yr old Samsung Galaxy to call someone there’s no problem. If someone calls me (no speakerphone, no headsets), there is an echo. The only way it’s solved is by me calling them back. My wife’s 3yr old Apple does not have this issue. I’ve tried rebooting and checking to see if I have the most recent updates on the phone, to no avail. And my ethernet connections seem okay.

Is it time for a new phone? Or is this fixable?

Thank you all for your help!

I have the same issue on my TMobile S20 F 5G when on WiFi calling from our TMobile 5G Home internet. I have to disable WiFi Calling when at home or the caller gets me echoing in their ear. What’s the solution?