Question

Ethernet not talking to Wifi on Nokia 5G21 Gateway

• 22 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have a Nokia 5G21 Gateway with an ethernet connection that feeds a switch in my home office. All other devices (phones, laptops, wireless printer) are connected via wifi. The gateway shows 6 devices connected via wifi, and 3 via ethernet -- that is the correct number of devices.

All devices have internet, I can connect to the web interface at http://192.168.12.1 from any device, but the wifi devices cannot ping devices on ethernet or vice versa.

This had been working until recently. This happened one other time, rebooting the router fixed the issue then, but didn’t work this time. Any suggestions on how to keep this up and stable are appreciated.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@bartonski your system seems similar to mine. I have the Sagemcom gateway that is connected to my Eero 6Plus mesh wifi system. The main Eero unit is plugged into the gateway via ethernet cable. All devices connect to themes wifi for internet access (except my Plex media server which is ethernet). 

When I have a hiccup it is usually solved by rebooting the mesh or gateway units. Otherwise, they have worked great. 

Maybe Google search the Nokia 5G21 and the name of your wifi router to see if others are experiencing any issues, which they have resolved.

Let us know what happens.