Solved

Google home

• 23 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

I had to change my TMobile home internet gateway.  This is the 3rd time.  Previous connections no problem.  I have connected my other devices with the exception of google home.  When I check internet connectivity the response is go to the google home app and login.  During connection attempts all works as advertised with the exception of the final connection where an error displays stating that "Your google home was setup successfully but can't be found.  Make sure your mobile device and Google Home are on the same WiFi network."  My countless attempts including changing WPA proved fruitless.  Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by No2comcast 25 February 2023, 20:03

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

make sure you still have both 2.4 and 5ghz available after changing around the WPA..i ran into that a long while back when it got switched to the new 6ghz higher security one..had to have i think personal and something else selected or you lose the 2.4 which is what most in home things run off.. google home, alexa, irobots, most security cameras..etc etc..

Badge

Thanks.  I checked that specifically and both SSIDs are visible.  My lights and cameras are functioning on 2.4.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I have T-Mobile Home internet and use 2 Google nest thermostats, and they work fine. However, when we had a power outage the thermostats did not reconnect right away. After some research, I needed to “reset” them, power them off and completely reset them. The issue was a Google thin, not T-Mobile. I also have a Blink 6 camera system working fine. All home devices like thermostats and. camera like connecting to 2.4Ghz. Also, I didn’t use WPA. 

I used the Google support page: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9247296?hl=en-GB#zippy=%2Chow-to-reset-or-restart-your-nest-thermostat

Good luck!

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I'll chime in as well. In addition to all of the normal computers and TVs hooked up to my T-Mobile Home Internet, I have 5 Amazon Echos, 3 SimpliSafe cameras, 3 Blink cameras and two U-Blot automatic deadbolts. With the exception of the U-Bolts, everything easily connected to my main network which is WPA2/WPA3. For the U-Bolts, I needed to create a stand-alone 2.4 WPA/WPA2 network. Not only do all of these work in the house, the cameras and U-Blot devices are easy to access from outside my home.

I wish my TMHI was a bit faster, but after three months, I've found it 99% reliable and enough to power all of my stuff, including streaming to two TVs simultaneously. I have never had to reboot my Arcadyan KVD21 5G gateway other than during firmware updates or changes I've made to the gateway’s networks.

Badge

When trying to connect again, I chose the 5g previously created.  Problem solved.  I thought as before I needed to connect  my Google home to the same SSID I use for my other devices.  Wrong.  When checking Google home it works perfectly controls my lights although they're on 2.4g Go figure.  Thanks to all who offered suggestions.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Actually, it's not a surprise that your Google devices only work on a 2.4 GHz network. That’s pretty standard for these devices. It's the exception and not the rule when they can connect via a 5 GHz WiFi signal.

Congrats on being up and running!!