Question

google nest setup

• 7 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have Tmbile gateway and looking to increase my wifi signal to other parts of my house. I purchases a Google Nest Pro and was expecting to be able to connect it in a distant room and that it would connect to the current wifi signal coming from the Tmobile modem/router. Is this possible or do I need to purchase another Nest to act as a point and use the one I have as hardwired to the ethernet from the Tmobile router/modem?

thanks!

Leo O.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Yes you can. I have a similar setup using the Amazon Eero 6 plus. It works great and I have WiFi coverage throughout our house. 
TM gateway > Eero > clients 

Let us know how it works. 

Badge

can’t get the nest to join the current wifi signal. It wants to be set up as its own router vs being a point from the Tmobile router/modem. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I know I am a bit late to this conversation, but I found something that might help if you haven’t already found a way to resolve your problem. 

Nest Wifi Pro - Fast, Reliable Mesh Wi-Fi 6E Coverage (google.com) :Nest Wifi Pro will need to be connected to your existing modem. Once one Nest Wifi Pro router is connected to your modem, your remaining Nest Wifi Pro routers act as points to extend the coverage across your home.

I have the Nest Pros in my house, and you have to have one connected to your modem directly through an ethernet cord. Then you could get a second one to put in the farther room to create a larger coverage bubble.