Question

Home Internet Extender

• 17 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello,

I just got the Home Internet Gateway.  I spoke to the internet help line several times.  There are a few spots throughout my house and property where the signal is weak or no signal at all.  They recommended the netgear ac2200 mesh extender. I purchased this and this did nothing to help the signal.  I hooked it up correctly. Is there a better product I can purchase that can help extend the signal? Any help would be great. Thank you

4 replies

We use the Netgear Orbi mesh wifi system and it covers a two story 3100 sqft house very well with a router on the first floor and one satellite upstairs. It's plugged into the T-Mobile Arcadyan gateway via the WAN port on the Orbi router and just works with no further configuration required. I just wish the T-Mobile Internet speeds were as good as the wifi system.

Badge

Hello thank you for the response.  Can you send me the exact model orbi you are referring to ?  

RBK753S, but this one has three devices (one router and two satellites). We use the third one for an another building. You may not not need that many.

Badge

hello I purchased the google nest mesh.  So far so good