Solved

Home Internet for newly constructed homes

• 29 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

A family member on my plan just moved into a newly constructed home.  They are renting and will be there about 24 months and do no want to go through the hassle of waiting for cable to be installed and stopped by T-Mobile because I thought Home Internet would be a great solution.  The problem is the address is so new that it is not in their database.  I can get on a waitlist, but I am sure that could be months.  I spent the last 48 hours there and we are hotspotting devices and my signal is 4 or 5 bars on 5G UC.  I feel like my choices are get cable; get a Home Internet device and take it there and see if it works, and for how long.  When it stops working just turn it in or check and see if that area is now covered …

Any thoughts or advice …  

icon

Best answer by RPA 29 April 2024, 06:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

You should read this then.

https://tmo.report/2024/04/uh-oh-t-mobile-will-now-enforce-home-internet-address-eligibility/

Badge

Thank you for your response.  If this is the new operating model, then we can all say that the Un-Carrier is dead, and T-Mobile is just like their competitors.  Same old service.  Innovative products focused only on maximizing profits not providing the best service at a price point that delights.  Since this is a T-Mobile forum I will leave it at that.  

One last thought, Would you recommend T-Mobile to friends or family?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thank you for your response.  If this is the new operating model, then we can all say that the Un-Carrier is dead, and T-Mobile is just like their competitors.  Same old service.  Innovative products focused only on maximizing profits not providing the best service at a price point that delights.  Since this is a T-Mobile forum I will leave it at that.  

One last thought, Would you recommend T-Mobile to friends or family?

Why is this a bad thing with T-Mobile? If you don’t qualify at the location then you don’t qualify. Why is that a fault of T-Mobile? If there is no management of the location the system will get overwhelmed and everyone will have a terrible experience. I already know of people that cheat the system and overloading the network because of that. Yes I would recommend T-Mobile Home internet if your location supports it and if the speed is acceptable for their use.

Badge

I stand by my comments.  T-Mobile is happy to provide an unlimited WiFi hotspot at this location, how is this any different.  All carriers have to manage supply and demand.  If T-Mobile was smart this is a location where they could get a ton of money for rural broadband to subsidize the buildout.  I am not here to debate, just wanted to look for a solution.  

Thank you for the article link.  I will not reply again unless someone else has an alternative solution.  Off to look for a good cable modem.