Question

home internet frequency bands

• 6 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

My internet is currently set up with the 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz on the same band frequency.  On the app I added a new band for 2.4 but when I try to connect to it, I receive an error saying unable to connect.  

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

If you’re trying to connect an older device it might be an issue with the WPA version of the new 2.4GHz network you created. I think the default is WPA2/WPA3, so you might need to change it to WPA/WPA2.

From the T-Mobile Internet app, go to the “network” tab and select the new network, a new page will open and you can change the WPA Version there. Try to use WPA/WPA2 instead.

Not sure if that’s the issue and “WPA” only devices have security vulnerabilities, so be aware of that.

Otherwise, no idea. There are many posts on this forum of certain devices not working well with the T-Mobile gateways – security cameras, garage door openers, printers, etc. In many of those cases the only solution is adding a standalone router, mesh system or extender.

Badge

I have it set up the way you comment it, and it still does not let me connect

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Sorry, only idea I had. Perhaps if you provide some specifics about what device you’re trying to connect, you might get additional feedback from other posters.

Thank you! This worked for me and my older Canon printer. Changed my 2.4GHz network to the WPA/WPA2 option.