Question

Hot Spot stopped working

• 6 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

My M200 hot spot stopped working. it doent come up on any of my devices when I try to connect

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

It's possible that you have the Hidden switch set to On. Use the T-Mobile app and tap the Networks tab on the bottom of the screen. From there you should see your network. Tap that and scroll to the bottom of the screen. There is a slide switch labeled Hidden. Make sure it is turned OFF, then Save your settings.

You may have to restart the gateway to have the new setting take effect, but after that you should be able to see your network.

OK I have the same issue of the MiFi 2000 unit not working at all anymore. It will say no connection when trying to access any website and so am forced to use my phones hot spot and put up with the warning to turn off the phones hot spot!

The odd thing is as said it shows I have an amazon or two connected. I assume is the smart TV?

I have Alexa disconnected but that will also show up if plugged in, but again no website connections so as said have to use the phones hot spot for internet connection. At times I will get the DNS not responding error message

I am also unable to get onto the Admin website as was once able to.

I am close to the end of our 2-year contract and do not wish to get into any other new 2-year contract with T-Mobile

Is there a simple fix for the 5G MiFi  M200 DNS like replacing the sim card?