Solved

How to disable WIFI on G4AR?

• 27 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

All the docs I’ve found are for older systems which don’t match the menu.

How do I disable the wifi for the G4AR? First login to 192.168.12.1 gives the popup:

What's new

We've added new Wi-Fi Network configuration controls to the T-Mobile Internet mobile app, putting these controls alongside other gateway management features.

This includes new features like being able to add/delete/rename networks, adjust security settings, and select frequency bands.

Go to the Network tab in the mobile app to access these new features.

Only there are NO tabs in Firefox or Chrome. Disabled script and ad blockers.  I did managed to hide the ssid and now I can’t connect from my phone - I have created  a network for the hidden ssid but never get the option to connect to it in Android 11.

I even tried guessing some of the urls for the network tab based on what is visible but no joy.

icon

Best answer by henry51 27 October 2023, 14:23

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@nate_s, the Hint Control app in the Google Play Store allows you to disable the Wi-Fi.  I’ve  used it for my Arcadyan KVD212. I’m assuming it works with the G4AR gateway.

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=hint+control+app&c=apps&hl=en_US&gl=US

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

The red text is referring to the app on your phone.  The phone app has everything we can do.  (I know, not much, and we should be able to do more with a proper browser.)                                  

Most likely, there are no other screens you can access with a web browser.  

With the phone app, we can add and delete networks (different configurations of frequency bands and security protocols) but we can’t delete all the networks - there needs to be at least one.

If you can’t connect to the network at all now from your phone, you will need to reset the gateway and start over.

Edit to add:  Henry’s post went up while I was composing this one.  

Badge

I found it - I couldn’t get Nater Tater’s curl instructions to work, but the Hint Control app was able to disable it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy-f8xfPk4s

Just go into the T-Mobile home internet app→ networks-→ and then slide toggle to Hidden. 

when you hide the network you're turning off the wifi on the gateway

surprising east but I had to call T-Mobile support to figure this out 

Just go into the T-Mobile home internet app→ networks-→ and then slide toggle to Hidden. 

surprising east but I had to call T-Mobile support to figure this out 

Not so. it hides the ssid. Usually won’t show in wifi phone list (“hidden”), but it’s there.