Question

Inseego FX3100 fixed wireless gateway/router - Windows identifies a new Ethernet network on each router reboot

• 1 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have a T-mobile Inseego FX3100 fixed wireless router with two Windows 10 desktop PCs connected to it via Ethernet cable.  Every time I reboot the router, each Windows 10 identifies the Inseego Ethernet connection as a new network, and I am forced to select to make it a private network each time after a reboot of the router.  On each reboot or power cycle, the network name increments (and I am now on Network 10).  Since this is happening on both Windows 10 machines, I suspect it is not an issue with the computers, but with the router.

1. Is this normal/expected behavior?

2. If so, is there a workaround to avoid having a windows 10 identify the Ethernet connection as a new connection giving it a new name (Network 3, Network 4, and so on) and requiring user input to select it as a private network after each router reboot?

3. If this is not normal/expected behavior, is there a resolution?

1 reply

Badge

As a follow up to the question above, I have tried this on yet a third Windows 10 computer of a completely different make and model with the same result.  On the two original computers, I am running a Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller with the latest drivers dated 2023 from Realtek.  So this is not an outdated driver issue.  It would be great if someone from Inseego could run a test on their end to determine whether they experience the same result.