ITS TIME TO SUE T-MOBILE BAD INTERNET SERVICE

Userlevel 2
Badge

It time to SUE T-MOBILE FOR NOT PROVIDING CUSTOMERS WITH THE INTERNET SERVICE WE ARE PAYING FOR EVERY MONTH YOU CALL THEY DO NOTHING THEY ARE PUTTING THE LIVES OF OUR FAMILIES AT RISK BECAUSE OUR SECURITY CAMERAS WONT WORK WITHOUT INTERNET THEY REFUSE TO HIRE REAL TECHNICIANS TO COME OUT TO THE AREAS TO FIX NOTHING & THEY KNOW THEY ARE NOT GIVING US INTERNET SERVICE BUT THEY GETTING THEY MONEY EVERY MONTH FROM US & IT RIDICULOUS & UNEXCEPTIONABLE THAT THEY BE ALLOWED TO KEEP CHEATING & DECEPTIVELY TAKING OUR MONEY!! I’M SICK OF THEM GETTING AWAY WITH IT I CANT EVEN CONNECT MY PHONES TO THIS HOME INTERNET IT SAYS MY PHONE IS NOT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET & THE BOX SITTING IN THE WINDOW! IF ABOUT KNOWS OF A LAWYER WHO HANDLES CLASS ACTION LAWSUITS PLEASE SEND THEM MY WAY I WANT ALL MY MONEY BACK THEY SHOULD HAVE GAVE IT FREE WHILE THEY TESTING IT OUT AT OUR EXPENSE & THEN MAKE US TROUBLESHOOT WHEN THATS THEIR JOB NOT OURS!! & I HAVE NEVER SEEN 5G anything while in my own house ALL WE GET IS LTE!! 

50 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

It time to SUE T-MOBILE FOR NOT PROVIDING CUSTOMERS WITH THE INTERNET SERVICE WE ARE PAYING FOR EVERY MONTH YOU CALL THEY DO NOTHING THEY ARE PUTTING THE LIVES OF OUR FAMILIES AT RISK BECAUSE OUR SECURITY CAMERAS WONT WORK WITHOUT INTERNET THEY REFUSE TO HIRE REAL TECHNICIANS TO COME OUT TO THE AREAS TO FIX NOTHING & THEY KNOW THEY ARE NOT GIVING US INTERNET SERVICE BUT THEY GETTING THEY MONEY EVERY MONTH FROM US & IT RIDICULOUS & UNEXCEPTIONABLE THAT THEY BE ALLOWED TO KEEP CHEATING & DECEPTIVELY TAKING OUR MONEY!! I’M SICK OF THEM GETTING AWAY WITH IT I CANT EVEN CONNECT MY PHONES TO THIS HOME INTERNET IT SAYS MY PHONE IS NOT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET & THE BOX SITTING IN THE WINDOW! IF ABOUT KNOWS OF A LAWYER WHO HANDLES CLASS ACTION LAWSUITS PLEASE SEND THEM MY WAY I WANT ALL MY MONEY BACK THEY SHOULD HAVE GAVE IT FREE WHILE THEY TESTING IT OUT AT OUR EXPENSE & THEN MAKE US TROUBLESHOOT WHEN THATS THEIR JOB NOT OURS!! & I HAVE NEVER SEEN 5G anything while in my own house ALL WE GET IS LTE!! 

Ok your absolutely correct,, So Go ahead Hire a Lawyer and we will all jump on the lawsuit under you..

Make sure you handle the money for us or get them to do in on contingency.. cause Im a little tight on cash right now since Gas is so high..

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I really believe the reality is if you have a discussion with T-Mobile and make a firm, rational demand for a refund after explaining the situation they will come through and provide a refund. The only one who really wins in a lawsuit is the man in the $2000 suit and Italian custom shoes. 

5G Cellular internet delivery is still in its infancy and still has a way to go. Coverage for ALL areas is not a reality. It is NO different with a cable or fiber solution. The carriers do not just dump a bunch of money for a Joe on a mile long dirt road for free. They might for a large fee but then again may not. 

The information about what the T-Mobile solution can and cannot do is in the FAQs and in multiple T-Mobile conversations in the community and say Reddit or on Facebook etc…

The $50/month, no contract, no fees, no equipment costs etc… is attractive and for some like myself was the only viable solution. It works for me. Sure it had its moments at times but it was fixed. 

Lawyers love class action lawsuits as that just fuels their expensive cars and heats their pools. Time to move on. Just have the conversation, get a refund and get another solution and enjoy life. Please.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Why not just cancel the service and get another internet provider?  That would be much easier and cheaper than hiring an attorney and trying to get a class action suit going.  From what I’ve read here, T-Mobile is providing refunds for those who ask and cancel.  Moreover, it’s a totally wireless type of internet service.  There will never be techs coming to your house.  (One of the pluses of this type of internet service, in my opinion.)  You need a wired service for home visits.  Is Cox or Verizon in your area?

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Vote with your wallet and go elsewhere for connectivity, and stop shouting.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

yes but the lawsuit would be much more effective in the pocketbook..

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I still think if you don’t like the service a company gives you, you simply find another company.  If you think you deserve some type of refund, ask for it.  I can’t imagine suing an internet company if their service is not working out for you.  If my T-Mobile internet starts going out for long periods of time, or if I get tired of dealing with a lot of short outages, I will go back to Cox. 

Phone wise I would stick with T-Mobile, because service has always been good, except for an outage for a few days after a hurricane hit my area, and their customer service has always been most helpful and most honest.  I have never contacted their internet customer service, however, and would not have the patience for long holds, no call backs or unhelpful advice.  I would go back to Cox.

Have had this service a couple weeks now and ran peefect for the 15 day trial run but now all of the sudden it's either constantly disconnecting or just having no service at all.  Definitely time to drop it.

Badge

I agree with Snoooop. Shop around for another service. I am having the same problems and I am about a day or two away from saying goodbye to T-Mobile.

Badge

I doubt they would even notice. According to the Better Business Bureau there is a suit against them from the FCC and they’ve had others from FCC, FTC and DOJ that they’ve had to settle in recent years. It’s just par for the course for them, but a pain for the private plaintiff. They would find a way to pass on the loss to the consumer.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Glad I came here, I see everyone here is having problems with Internet. Thank you, I won’t be getting the Internet for my place.

T-Mobile has about two million home internet subscribers (according to US News & World Report this month). Most people seem to come to forums like this when they're looking for info or have a problem, so that can make it seem like everyone’s having problems.  I’ve had the service for 2 ½ years, and other than having problems when they've been upgrading the cell towers near me, I’ve been getting great service.  

Here are results from some speed tests I did this morning (also shows cumulative average from my 2 ½ years usage). TMHI has been much faster, much cheaper, and as reliable as my previous provider, AT&T DSL service. And no, I’m not affiliated with T-Mobile except for being their customer. The only way to know if you’ll have great service or problems is to try it out at your location.

T-Mobil team,

What is the solution to the t-mobile network breakdowns?

Specifically, what have you done to address phone users who are not able to receive calls. All troubleshooting tips have been explored without resolve. To explore the issue further, my user has placed his sim card into a different, and, yes, properly functioning phone, which resulted in the same problem.

This is PROOF, it’s the network that has the bug and not the phone. This is not only a widespread problem, but a problem that T-Mobile is fully aware of.

Solution Please!

I was a Verizon customer for 25 years and until 2022 their service in my area was not too bad but it got worse. I viewed the coverage map of T-Mobile and contacted them through chat to check on promotions. After chatting with “Jayce” the representative, I agreed to a phone call with him which was also heard by my wife. He stated that we would have “5Guc for my mother’s location (100 yards from me) and 5G limited service for my physical address. We agreed and paid $800 over the phone for taxes for 5 new phones with yes a 30 trial period. That was 12-3-22. Our phone had NO signal at our homes. We called T-Mobile and they said there was a tower issue that was reported by another customer 11-23-22 and when that repair is finished our signal would be restored. I have wifi which enabled us to use our phone but my mom doesn’t have wifi so her phone is useless unless she goes somewhere else that has a signal. The 30 day free trial got cut back to 16 days because my billing period would end on 12-19-22 and I had until then to send in all my phones (which worked) or my trade-in deal would be voided and I would have to pay full price for phones. Up to about 3 minutes ago (I was on phone with customer service again) they still can’t fix my signal. On April 2, 2023 a rep names Dominic said, “ the problem is the tower in your area is focused away from your direction and the only way to solve this would be to install a new tower”. When I asked what are the chances of that happening Dominic replied, “I’m sorry but we are not going to put up a tower. The cost is too great”. If they would have just came out and said we have poor service at your address I would have stayed with Verizon. Can I leave T-Mobile? No. If I do I have to pay off $4000 in phone costs. Oh and the really bad part? One morning my mom tried to reach out to her doctor, the hospital, family and friends because she was very ill. She couldn’t make a call because her phone didn’t work. Yeah I wish I could sue them. Misrepresentation? Breech of contract? False advertisement? I don’t know. Are we so small that we don’t matter to anyone? FTC should do something about it at least.

Maybe it's where I live, but T-Mobile has been the absolute best ISP I've had in years! Previously I had service with Spectrum. I paid twice the price and had constant outages. Spectrum was always reluctant to give me a kickback for all the time I went without service. Since I already had T-Mobile as my mobile carrier I decided to give their internet service a try. I am so much happier with T-Mobile. I say, if you're disappointed in their internet service go elsewhere. Maybe Spectrum is better in your area than mine.

Badge

I Pay For This.  0.09 download 

I tried this tmobile internet service and it was so bad that I returned it within 30 day trial period. These idiots charged me anyway, may be because of their billing cycle set up or what not GOD only knows. Tried numerous times to set this straight by calling them up. Every time they agreed that the issues was on their side and will be resolved in the next billing cycle. Now they handed over my account to collection agency and say they cannot do anything from their end. They are literally robbing me for the service they did not offer. I feel like suing them but thought to better spend my energy on something else than waste time on these idiots. 

Trail Addict— I didn’t sign up for internet. I signed up for a phone line. 5 of them and did based on their claim to provide a service which they have not. Seems pretty open and shut to me. I never said anything about class action I had just gottten off the phone with them and vented a bit. I’m thinking some f these comments including yours must be from TMobile employees. Troll on

Badge +1

I wasn’t responding to you. I was responding to the OP. Instead of hijacking someone else’s thread, start your own. Good luck with your own.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

No lawyer does class actions on contingency because they want the money up front. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I can’t argue with that. It is just internet service. I lived in the Colorado Rockies in the 80s for years and didn’t have TV or internet or cellphones and I didn’t miss it and still had some of the best times of my life. I spent much more time out in the outdoors and still had plenty to do. I am sure I would survive without it if I had to. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

When you file your suit, don’t do it in all CAPS. People, even attorneys don’t like being yelled at. Come back an let us know how much you won. Most class actions result in attorneys making millions. You will get a gift card to Starbucks.  🙃

Userlevel 1

Why not just cancel the service and get another internet provider?  That would be much easier and cheaper than hiring an attorney and trying to get a class action suit going.  From what I’ve read here, T-Mobile is providing refunds for those who ask and cancel.  Moreover, it’s a totally wireless type of internet service.  There will never be techs coming to your house.  (One of the pluses of this type of internet service, in my opinion.)  You need a wired service for home visits.  Is Cox or Verizon in your area?

Why should we give T-mobile a free pass for failing to provide us with adequate services in exchange for our very hard earned money?

Badge

When you file your lawsuit, be sure to use all caps just like this. The court will be impressed.

But no one is impressed by your attempt at looking intelligent by putting someone else down. Obviously you have never been frustrated to no end. You and your ilk are what is allowing corporations to take advantage of users who pay for good service only to get crapped on.

Badge

maybe they are like me..with no other options in the area and do not want sat net (which is a scam in itself)

Badge

Right. A lawsuit wouldn’t do anything to fix the problem. I said something like that in another post, here, but for some reason a moderator has flagged it. Don’t know why and I’m actually getting a little ticked off about it. It was all written politely. This behavior is pushing me ever closer to cancelling my service.

because the moderators are bootlickers that don’t even know the first thing about networking and are more than likely low willed twinks who can’t stand to have their feelings hurt. 

Been using TMobile internet since it was available in my area . Had some hiccups along the way  but firmware update have since fix issues and been very stable and fast in my area. Only real issue I have is the device manager not working correctly in app. Your issue has to do with coverage which T-Mobile and by sound of it your spot does not work well with T-Mobile.