Question

MagicJack GO w/Nokia 5G21-12W-A Home Internet Gray Tower as of Jan-2022

• 28 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

ALL Incoming Calls are OK w/2-way Audio:

PROBLEM is Outgoing Calls have 1-way Audio (they can’t hear me) on SOME Phone #’s

NOTE:  When I say 1-way (audio) I mean they can’t hear me.  I can ALWAYS hear them.

Usually calls work 2-way - although last few days, everything is “raspy” with static.

PROBLEM:  Some phone numbers I call are 1-way receiving only - no outgoing audio.

One particular number I call is 1-way audio 95% of the time.  (This number used to be OK, but then 1-way for weeks, yesterday had single a 2-way call, and now all calls, 3 so far, are 1-way only again.

Some #’s work perfectly all the time.

Some #’s occasionally are 1-way incoming only.

How in the world can I have this problem 95% of the time on one specific phone number I call???

I’ve tried new USB power adapters.  T-Mobile said the supplied USB adapter could be bad (no offer to replace.)  I have 2 Ankers I’ve been using.  There might have been an improvement upgrading to the Anker but that was with my previous 4G Home Internet I recently upgraded from (1 month ago).

NOTE:  I wasn’t upset with my 4G and perhaps it was the USB adapter.  I never complained since I went with the Anker.  So this problem may be with the gray Nokia tower???

Tower has a phone jack, will they enable it?  

Seems they also dropped their Linelink VOIP too.

1 reply

Badge

I’m having the same issue.  

MagicJack provide a few recommendations; however, if you have the T-Mobile Home Internet (NOK5G21) you may not be able to change some of the settings. Additionally I cannot confirm if adding a router to change the the setting will work as I am still have these issues myself.

Test Your Network Connection (in my casse I am axceeding the ping by 35+) - Errors can be caused by low internet speeds or unstable network connections. We recommend using a broadband-equivalent (or better) connection with a minimum download speed of 5mbps and minimum upload speed of 3mbps. The quality of the magicJack service will be affected by the Latency/Ping, Download Speed, Upload Speed and Packet Loss of the Internet connection.
The requirements for magicJack are:

• Latency/Ping should be less than 25ms
  • Download speed should be greater than 5mbps
  • Upload speed should be greater than 3mpbs
  • Packet Loss should be 0%

You may use http://speedtest.net to get the Latency/Ping, Download speed and Upload speed. Use http://packetlosstest.com to get the Packet Loss. Click on the green “Start Test” button” and then check the “total packet loss” percentage.

If your internet speed failed to meet the requirements, we recommend you to contact your internet service provider (ISP) for assistance in fixing the connection issues.

2. Contact Your Internet Service Provider (Tmobile doesn’t offer this) or your router:

• Opening ports 5060 through 5070 on your router/modem
  • Lowering the internal firewall on your router/modem
  •  

3.  "SIP ALG". This setting could be interfering with your magicJack service (though it is intended to be helpful) and can cause issues such as dropped calls, static, echo, one-way audio (the other caller can't hear you but you can hear them and vice versa), etc. If it is there, please check to see if it can be disabled. Currently you cannot change this setting unless you have your own router.

Good Luck!