Question

MLB The Show does not work on my T-mobile 5g internet box.

Badge

MLB The Show does not work on my T-mobile 5g internet box. It will say “Challenge Failed” when trying to play an online match. The game works perfectly fine when i bring my xbox to my parents house. But when i bring it back to my wifi, it doesn’t work. I test the NAT type until it’s open, I reset the router, etc. I’ve done everything I can think of and there no solution. Does anyone have this same problem?  This is the only game that won’t work either. This and NBA 2k brought me some issues. But i can play COD or shooters on my wifi… but cross play sports games seem to bring the issue 

17 replies

Same!!!! This is super super frustrating. Need answers!

Came here looking for answers also

Same thing, this didn’t start until early may.  However I can turn the hotspot on on my phone and it works fine. It’s not a question of speed. I can’t get answers for it anywhere

Here to see if anyone has solutions or fixes

Any updates on a fix.  We’re going to have to switch back to Spectrum if T-mobile doesn’t have a fix soon.

I have the same problem. I have reset router multiple times all other games work on console. looks like I need to go back to my old provider.

Badge

Dont look like we will get a fix.  I will have to switch providers as well as soon as MLB TS 24 drops. 

MLB the show is now working on my Xbox series S with T-Mobile home Internet. I switched the multiplayer connection from one position to another until it worked. It will work for a few weeks then I have to reset the router sometimes several times but it will start working again. I’m saving $80 a month from my old provider so I’m willing to live with resetting my router every few weeks.

Has anyone figured it out yet or is there settings on the tmobile 5g that needs to ve fixed so it can work? I haven't been able to play online in a month and it's making me frustrated. I called tmobile and they don't know why its not working and told me to contact San Diego studios I have yet to do that. But has anyone figured it out?

Okay, its not certain but after days and days of research the one thing that seems to have worked.. and now this could be just a lucky go at it but I went into my tmobile router app or whatever. I went ahead and switched the security from WPA2/WPA3 to just WPA2 so far its working.. I do use tmobile home internet. so hoping this actually is a work around..

Does anyone know if using mesh WiFi will help fix this issue? I just pre ordered MLB 24 and I want to be able to play online. 

Okay, its not certain but after days and days of research the one thing that seems to have worked.. and now this could be just a lucky go at it but I went into my tmobile router app or whatever. I went ahead and switched the security from WPA2/WPA3 to just WPA2 so far its working.. I do use tmobile home internet. so hoping this actually is a work around..

I tried this and didn’t have any luck. Is this still working for you?

I have the same problem. Game was working earlier last year when it launched now Im getting the same connection error when opponent is found. Seems like TMobile and SanDiegoStudios are clueless as there are no fixes for this issue anywhere. I have NAT Type 2 which is probably the issue but there’s no way to open ports on the wireless gateway. I have no other issues with online games on PS5 or PC besides this game. If TMobile and SDS had good customer service this would have been figured out by now but apparently neither of them care enough to get this issue resolved for paying customers

Having the same issue with The Show 24 as we did with 23, super disappointing… This is really on SDS though, every other game works just fine online with matchmaking. I talked to a T-Mobile tech and he said that people with HULU Live experience the same sort of thing and they have to supply their IP address to HULU every time it “goes down” and that seems to solve the issue. I think it all stems from the Dynamic IP. I set up a full TP-Link Omada system (router, controller, switch, access points, the whole nine yards), used Cloudflare DNS, changes the IP addresses of all of my TP-Link equipment and gave the controller a static IP and that worked for about a week when I was playing The Show 23. Of course, it failed again after that. Hopefully someone at SDS can figure out how to solve a problem that seemingly EVERY OTHER game developer has solved. T-Mobile is a huge MLB sponsor too, what a joke.

I ran into that issue last week. I also have T-Mobile home internet (TMHI). I have been able to do any of the online DD stuff with TMHI except online multiplayer matchmaking (ranked, BR, Events, Play with Friends, Online Rated). The only work around I have at the moment is I connect to the hotspot on my phone when I want to play with friends or online competitive and then hop back onto my TMHI whenever I'm doing anything else (to preserve hotspot data). I understand that I do live in the center of a major metropolitan area so if you live in a more rural area this option might not be the most feasible.

This is the best work around that I have right now--I've played 3 online games ranked/Play with Friends games so far using my hotspot and I've had no connectivity or speed issues and it has only taken up 0.53GB worth of usage on my hotspot plan

I ran into that issue last week. I also have T-Mobile home internet (TMHI). I have been able to do any of the online DD stuff with TMHI except online multiplayer matchmaking (ranked, BR, Events, Play with Friends, Online Rated). The only work around I have at the moment is I connect to the hotspot on my phone when I want to play with friends or online competitive and then hop back onto my TMHI whenever I'm doing anything else (to preserve hotspot data). I understand that I do live in the center of a major metropolitan area so if you live in a more rural area this option might not be the most feasible.

This is the best work around that I have right now--I've played 3 online games ranked/Play with Friends games so far using my hotspot and I've had no connectivity or speed issues and it has only taken up 0.53GB worth of usage on my hotspot plan

Of course now it doesn't work since I had to say something about it online. so that's cool

I haven’t found any fixes yet, but how hilarious is it that T-Mobile has all of these deals with the MLB, and you can’t even play the MLB video game if you have their service? 😂