Solved

New Gateway Not on 5G, Only LTE

• 2 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello all,

Don’t know what everyone’s experience is with the new Arcadyan gateway (G4AR & SE), but I just swapped out my old gateway that was power-cycling itself and got this one as a replacement. The issue I am having now is that it’s stuck only on 4G. Both the display on the gateway itself and the app show purely 4G connections and nothing for 5G. So I am getting less than 20Mbps speeds when I used to get 150-200Mbps on average.

The phone in the same room as the gateway is at full bars with 5G, so it shouldn’t be a signal issue. But I couldn’t even see anything in the app for the gateway that lets me change between 4G and 5G.

Any ideas before I head into a long call with support?

icon

Best answer by Mwils217 14 April 2024, 02:16

View original

3 replies

Yes!! I’ve been having the same issue too. Swapped out my old 5G gateway for the G4AR and getting less then 20Mbps too!! I’ve been trying to figure this out for over 10 hours on the phone and resetting. I have “EXCELLENT” connection and 5G on the router, but in the app, under “ advanced, cellular metrics” the 5G portion is lined — out. I see there should be an update since we just picked up the routers. They are on the first firmware that came out, there is one update that should automatically push to your router at night, not sure if you got that yet. I’m hoping that will work out the bugs.. other then that all I can think is the G4AR is trying to only connect to the strongest signal, doesn’t matter if it’s 4G. Whatever is the strongest it will go with.., again that is my hypothesis. Going to try it at a T-Mobile store and see what speeds I get. Might return it if nothing fixes it. 4/8/24

Having the same issue. Any updates on a solution you have found?

I was having the save issue, T mobile even sent me our a new router, but I was still having the same problem. I eventually just unplugged the router for about 5 mins. Once I plugged it back in I did a factory reset. Once I sent it back up...  everything  seemed  back to normal, for now!