Question

Printer, TV, etc.

• 11 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Could someone walk me through how to get my HP 9012e to talk to my computer?  Computer kindergartner here, and don’t get all the OS and DS stuff.  I’m also trying to get the promo TV stations, and between the phone hook up, printer, TV, Etc. have spent hours in the store and on the phone trying to get functional.  The printer is most important now.  Thanks in advance for any assistance!  dangjanner:)

2 replies

For my Pixma MG5420 of a sub sublimation paper, I needed to change the WPA adaptation on the Tmobile door application (Organization tab, select your wifi organization, under WPA rendition, change to WPA/WPA2 from WPA2/WPA3). 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Dangjanner, what type of gateway did you get from T-Mobile? For my answer, I'll assume you have the Arcadyan KVD21 5G gateway and that you've successfully set it up in your home.

Create a new network in the T-Mobile app. Give it a different name (SSID) than your primary network, configure the frequency as 2.4 MHz only, and choose WPA/WPA2 as the WPA version. Sometimes the problem is that older devices can't use the latest security or encryption, so you need to dumb it down a bit.

Also, make sure that DHCP is enabled on all of your devices. DHCP can't be turned off on the T-Mobile gateway, so each device needs to get its IP number from the gateway.