Solved

Sagemcom router can't change network security to WPA2

• 23 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

First of all I have issues connecting to this router.  It will keep sayings let’s get you reconnected and then after a while it will connect but it’s pretty unstable.  This is the android app.  On my wife’s iphone the app won’t even start.  

My issue is I have some devices on my network that don’t support WPA3 so I want to change the network security to WPA2/WPA.  When I go into the app and make the change it says that it was successful and made the change.  That I should wait 90 seconds which I was originally thinking was probably rebooting the router but nothing happens.  I also tried adding another network with WPA2/WPA and it says that worked but the new network never appears.  

Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by copz1998 24 September 2023, 02:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@alderran my initial suggestion would be to make sure you have both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz SSIDs setup. Sometimes devices can have difficulty connecting to one SSID that “auto” programs between the two frequencies. If you have 3+ signal strength bars, this might be the issue.

Set them up and let us know the results.

Badge

I can’t setup a new network.  I tried that and it said successful wait 90 seconds, but there is no new network.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Depending on the model of gateway you have I think you need to reset it and reboot and reconfigure it from scratch. 

You will need to use your T-Mobile Internet app. Open it up and tap the “Network” link at the bottom of the screen > There you will see your existing SSID wifi network name (or create a new one if it is blank) > tap on the network name and you will see where you can change your existing SSID wifi name and password. Remember to scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap “SAVE”. As a friendly reminder you will see the option for “Frequency Band” and you should create both 2.4 and 5Ghz bands separately so that smart devices like thermostats and printers can connect using the 2.4Ghz band separately.

Let us know if this works for you.