• 3 replies

Badge
  • First activity
  • 0 replies

Tangula box can’t find internet 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

From what I've read a lot of streaming services don't work with Tmobile home internet.

Maybe @iTinkeralot has some insight. I'm not familiar with Tangula.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

There are some which have location reference and the fact that the external IP address associated with the gateway can and will change impacts the “location” element. T-Mobile’s use of 464EXLAT or commonly referred to as CGNAT which leverages both IPv4 and IPv6 tends to have an impact upon P2P and some streaming services. I have seen an FAQ on the subject in T-Mobile’s FAQ pages but I don’t have a direct reference to it right now. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

From T-Mobile FAQs for Home Internet: 

https://www.t-mobile.com/home-internet/faq?INTNAV=fNav%3ASupport%3AHomeInternetFAQ

Some online gaming requires advanced settings and configurations (ex. NAT/Port forwarding, UPnP/Static IP). These settings cannot be configured on the T-MobileGateway.

• T-Mobile Home Internet uses dynamic IP addressing, meaning the customer’s IP address will change over time.
  • Dynamic IP changes may cause the geolocation to show different than the physical location of the gateway. 
    • T-Mobile does not have the ability to change IP from dynamic to static.
  • Streaming services that rely on IP address for specific location data to deliver live TV are not compatible with T-Mobile Home Internet. This includes Hulu Live and Sling Live TV.