Solved

Streaming Prime

• 13 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Or rather Prime will no longer stream on my Sony Bravia. Got the new Gateway and since then Amazon Prime will no stream on the Bravia. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by nc1037 15 July 2023, 20:45

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Or rather Prime will no longer stream on my Sony Bravia. Got the new Gateway and since then Amazon Prime will no stream on the Bravia. Any ideas?

Is your Sony Bravia TV successfully connected to your new gateway?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Seems like this might be an issue with the gateway and the Prime app on the Google TV interface.

Here’s a recent conversation, w/o any solutions as of yet.

Easiest solution might be to get a FireTV stick, but you might not want to incur that cost.

As a workaround, I’m wondering if you could use the web browser on the TV to go to Amazon.com and then view videos there. Not sure if it would work and it would be a lot clumsier if it did.

Badge

Definitely connected to Gateway-Prime is the only streaming issue.

Thought about the FireTV Stick, but is it a guarantee. Even the Prime folks said they are not sure! I am not very tech savvy, so I have to keep things very basic.

Thank you both for the input! Be Blessed...

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Using a separate streaming device connected to one of the HDMI ports will bypass the Sony OS and will work fine.  Any current model of Roku or Fire TV will work fine.  Get one that supports 4K.  I think you’ll find there are more streaming channels available for Roku and Fire TV than there are for the Sony OS.