Question

Switching land line to 5G Internet

• 18 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Just installed my new T-mobile 5G Gateway, intending to replace my Comcast Xfinity router, which has a land line connection. How do I transfer my home phone line to this Gateway? Perhaps an adapter between my RJ-11 and my Ethernet LAN?

1 reply

Just installed my new T-mobile 5G Gateway, intending to replace my Comcast Xfinity router, which has a land line connection. How do I transfer my home phone line to this Gateway? Perhaps an adapter between my RJ-11 and my Ethernet LAN? Dog Likes Best

Hello,

To transfer your home phone line to the T-Mobile 5G Gateway, you’ll need a device called T-Mobile LineLink. This device connects to your Internet router or hub and allows you to plug in your home phone, using Voice over IP (VoIP) technology to route calls through the T-Mobile network.

As for connecting an RJ-11 landline to an Ethernet LAN port, you would indeed require an adapter. There are adapters available that convert RJ-11 to Ethernet RJ-45, which can be used for connecting analog telephone devices to a network jack. However, it’s important to ensure compatibility with your specific setup and confirm that the adapter supports VoIP services.

Before proceeding, I recommend checking with T-Mobile’s customer support to ensure that your home phone service can be transferred to the 5G Gateway and to get assistance with the setup process. They can provide the most accurate information regarding the compatibility and requirements for your specific service.

I hope the information may helps you.