Question

t-mobile internet service

• 23 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I signed up for t-mobile home internet service and it’s working great. It’s running 2 smart tvs, phones, and Xbox and a PlayStation 4. But out of nowhere my gateway will turn off and turn back on. Has anyone else had this problem? Or do they know how to fix it?

5 replies

I had the exact same problem.

Over time, it got worse and worse.  Then sometimes, it would get better and not reboot for quite some time.

Then, one day, it shut off completely.  When that happened, I would typically unplug and plug back in the power supply.  However, sometimes I’d have to do that a LOT before I could get it to come back on.

Finally, one day it cut off and would NOT come back on.  I ended up going without Internet for a several weeks waiting for them to get a new device shipped to me.

Originally, a new home router was shipped, but it did NOT come with the power supply.  Since it was the same model that I was using, I plugged in my power supply.  As you may have guessed, it didn’t come on either.

I called back Support and explained that I was having a power supply issue.  It took forever but they finally got a power supply to me.  I plugged back in my original home Internet router and everything came up fine.  I packaged up the “new” router they shipped me and sent it back to T-Mobile.

It’s sad to think that I spent weeks without Internet because they would ship a power supply when I originally had problems.

However, it’s been working for months and months again without a hiccup.  I’m still using my original home Internet router that T-Mobile shipped me.  

Since you are experiencing the occasional reboot, which I originally thought was normal, I’d recommend having T-Mobile start the process for sending you a new power supply immediately - don’t wait until it fails.

Overall, I’m happy with the T-Mobile Home Internet service.  The power supply wasn’t really their fault and I use the shix out of it with two TVs streaming, 2x laptops, desktops, mobile devices, and more.  I very rarely have any issues with “buffering” and never encounter any overages.  Verizon’s cellular service charges TOO MUCH and they burn you a new one with overages.

I recommend T-Mobile’s Home Internet service to anyone.  I begin by recommending that the next time someone visits their house and happens to be using a T-Mobile phone, ask them to use it and perform a speed test.  If you get back a decent result over 30Mbs, then I highly recommend getting the T-Mobile Home Internet which is unlimited and will perform even better than a standard cell phone.

I wish you and yours the very best that life has to offer!

Your friend in VA,

Paul L.

Badge

Thank you so much! How do I go about getting them to ship a new power supply? Should I call customer service or go to my local store? I will definitely be getting that in the works asap!

I truly appreciate your help! 
thank you from Ga.

Elizabeth 

Unfortunately, my local store was not a… and I forget the term… was not a “official” T-Mobile store but rather an “affiliate” store.  I know these words are not the right words, but my local store wouldn’t do anything for me as the router was shipped directly from T-Mobile to me and they couldn’t assist with my situation.

Sorry to be long-winded.  I would recommend seeing if your local T-Mobile store would/could assist you as it would be faster in the long run.

However, if your Home Internet Router is currently up and running, call Support and tell them that an IT Professional who is also a customer recommended that they ship you a new power supply.  They won’t charge you for it and it’s very inexpensive as compared to shipping you a whole new router.

I’ve actually heard of others with this same issue when researching my problems with this particular model that I’m using.  The router is great… it’s the cheap power supplies that give out.  Also, everything was always plugged into a UPS, which I highly recommend.  Because of that, I doubt that it was a “dirty” power issue that caused the power supply to become flaky.

Just an FYI:  My model is a Arcadyan KVD21

This model works great… except when it started shutting off requiring me to unplug and plug back in to get it to come back on…and eventually wouldn’t come back on at all.

The small, couple dollar power supply they sent has been rock-solid and I’ve not had one reboot since receiving it months ago.

I wish you the very best!

Your friend,

Paul

Badge

Thank you so much!  I did receive my box in store so maybe they could help also. But I will Definitely get this in the works! I appreciate you so much!  

Ah, if you got your box in store, that’s GREAT! -= big grin =-

If you’re like myself and the others, you won’t need a whole new router, the existing router with the existing sim card in it will work just fine.

Let them know that you just need a new power supply from your research.  Also state that if the problem were to continue, you’d get a new router from them.  For now, the easiest way is to get the new P/S and beat it up and see how it goes.

Oh, let us know how it goes and whether things get resolved.

Wishing you the best…

Your friend,

Paul