Solved

TMO-G4AR gateway, Epson ET-2850 printer wirelss connection failure.

• 20 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge

TMO-G4AR gateway, Epson ET-2850 printer. Tried everything but always get MAC Address failure during wireless setup. Everything else in house works fine and connected immediately at initial setup including an Epson XP 640 printer. Have created a dedicated 2.4 ghz SSID in addition to 5ghz/2.4ghz SSID. Have tried with firewall antivirus on and off. Have tried all WPA options. Anyone have a solution? Thanks.

icon

Best answer by nc1037 20 March 2024, 14:14

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

2.4 GHz + WPA/WPA2 almost always works for printers. 

If you can connect your printer via USB to a computer that is connected to your Wi-Fi network, that will work too.   (In Windows, turn on Sharing in the printer properties.)

Can you find an Epson forum to find other users with your specific model?

Badge

Hi nc1037. 

Thanks for your reply. I thought I had tried every possible combination of SSID and WPA modes but I went back and very carefully entered the parameters you recommended and WOW printer LCD panel says setup complete. I will try printing now but thank you, thank you, thank you. First progress I’ve seen. I’ll send another reply if everything works. 

Deadwireless

Badge

Thank you, nc1037.

Successful printing of windows test page and a test document from word processor. Yay. A full day of frustration resolved. 

Deadwireless

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Yay! 😊

I am having the exact same issue with my Epson ET-2850 all of the sudden not connecting to my wifi network anymore - totally out of the blue.  Printer reports says ‘MAC Address Filtering Fail’.  I have zero clue based on what I have seen on this forum on how to fix it.  Does anyone know a step by step approach to fixing this issue?  It is not some anomaly since many have discussed having it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I do not have an Espon printer, so I can’t help with that part.  The first part is to create a 2.4 GHz network on your T-Mobile gateway.

INSTRUCTIONS

You can have several Wi-Fi networks on the gateway.  You want to leave the default network alone (2.4 & 5 GHz; WPA2/WPA3 security) and add a second, dedicated 2.4 GHz network.  

Add the second network with the + sign at the bottom of the Network tab in the T-Mobile Internet app on your phone.  For this new network, set the band to 2.4 GHz and set the WPA version to WPA/WPA2.  Try connecting your printer to this second network.  Use the default network for your other devices, as much as possible.  Note that WPA/WPA2 (on the second network) is less secure, so I recommend setting this network to be Hidden.

Here are the T-Mobile support instructions for how to add the second network with the app.

Android  How to create additional Wi-Fi networks | T-Mobile Internet app | Android | T-Mobile Support

iOS  How to create additional Wi-Fi networks | T-Mobile Internet app | iOS | T-Mobile Support

Main instructions

Help Center | APP Android | T-Mobile Support

Help Center | APP iOS | T-Mobile Support