Question

Tmobile 5g Hot Spot

• 4 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

Im trying to connect my TMobile 5g HS to my OHWOAI wireless security cameras. Can you explain how to make the connections. Im missing something, Ive tried everything. Thanks

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Security camera systems vary from one vendor to another so it would be helpful to look up the specific system on the internet and review a couple of videos. For that vendor there appear to be a number of videos. If the cameras only support 2.4GHz radio frequency then you might need to create an additional 2.4 GHz SSID and make sure the authentication type the camera needs is included for authentication to the “network”. You need to confirm the authentication type required for the camera is included as one of the types possible with the configuration on the gateway. Depending upon the gateway model you have the management may be only via the T-Mobile mobile application for the internet gateways. The management app can be downloaded via the respective application store for the phone you have.

If you have a Nokia or the 4G gateway then as I recall both still have the web GUI for management. I know the Nokia gateway still has the web GUI management and it is superior to the mobile application for user experience. Just my opinion. The mobile app is flakey on my iPhone 12 Pro so it does not impress me. 

Still, you need to know the specifications of the system you have for networking and make sure the frequency needed and the authentication type are available so the cameras can connect to the wireless. Another factor might be with the camera communication method to the server(s). It will take a little research to figure it out and you might need to see if there is online support assistance as well.