Solved

Travelling with Gateway

• 23 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge
  • First activity
  • 0 replies

If you have T-Mobile Home Internet and you travel to another location, can you bring the gateway with you? If there is a signal it should connect, right?

icon

Best answer by RPA 24 April 2024, 18:56

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

No.  The gateway is geolocation locked to your local towers of your service address.  It will not work outside of that area.  

Badge

I have used mine at friend’s house 30 miles away as a test when he was having problems with his.  People use them in RVs.  Try it I don’t think you will have a problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I have used mine at friend’s house 30 miles away as a test when he was having problems with his.  People use them in RVs.  Try it I don’t think you will have a problem.

IIt depends on the plan. Tmobile is going to lock them to the address on file using GPS on the router. If you want to use them at a different location you will need to sign up for an away plan.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

T-Mobile is going to start enforcing this. The Gateway is suppose to be stationary in your home. I believe they are expanding out a new services for people who use it on RV and travel with their Gateway.