trouble connecting wifi… still…

• 16 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

I had trouble connecting the WiFi to the Amazon Firestick.

I got my adapter to connect Ethernet to the gateway. But, my tv shows the firetv logo and the “…” but it never moves past this screen. 

please help. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

When Amazon had the sale for the Firesticks I picked one up. Mine is the 3rd generation. I don’t have Alexa so I am just using the remote that came with the stick. I used the included HDMI extender as the location on the back of my Pioneer Elite is not optimal. Once I plugged it in it presented the basic screen which I stepped through to setup the WIFI. It connected to the T-Mobile gateway on my wireless pretty much right off with no extra effort. My Nokia is on the 1.2201.00.0324 version of firmware. After the fire stick “updated” it gave me a sound, presented the “firetv” sign, connected to the wireless, checked for updates, then again went to pull down an update. It then presented the message “Updating...” with the progress bar at the bottom of the screen. After the second update it reported finishing updates and after that presented an account login icon. I used the code on the screen and logged into Amazon and the device was linked to my account. From there I just followed the steps to set up applications I wanted. It all was very seamless. I found it to be one of the most straight forward setups of any of my devices. 

Maybe your device needs an update or two? Not sure if your device just did not connect to the wifi network properly as that is the first thing mine did. If it does not connect to the network then it will probably not proceed. I can only suggest to power cycle the Firestick and again allow it to search for the networks and get it connected again. It could be it needs to take an update and is just a bit stuck.

You can try the Amazon device support page. There is a Forum link there for the community and also a “Contact Us” button. That is probably the best bet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GHH5TUHA7677G4HJ&ref_=hp_d2_cat_firetv