Question

Unable to see connected devices on Home Internet App

• 30 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge

I'm having issues being able to see the connected devices through the T-Mobile Home Internet App. Keeps telling me the gateway did not respond and to restart it if the problem persists. I have restarted the modem. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app more than once and it still does not work. Does anybody have any resolution to this or has anybody had this issue? It would also be nice to be able to see the devices away from home, but you can only do it if you're connected to the modem, which I thinks sucks

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@phutto74 are you connecting directly to the TM Gateway or using a wifi router? 

It looks like you have tried the normal diagnostic process - reboot the gateway and/or remove and reinstall the TM Internet app. You should be able to see your connected devices on the Devices screen on your TM Internet app. 

What are your signal metrics like? Do you see 3+ bars on the front of the device? 

Have you tried calling customer support? If so what did they recommend? They may suggest shipping you a replacement gateway. 1-844-275-9310. 

Let us know how it turns out. 

Yep. My T-Mobile Home Internet App Device tab says “No devices found” when devices ARE connected and working on WiFi. T-Mobile support says there are known bugs with the app, for at least two different kinds of gateways (Sagemcom and one other). The app also freezes and won’t go back to the Home screen. Support says app has this problem until a new update is issued. No estimated time for fix. This problem just started for me yesterday (2/21/24) but has been reported previously by other users. Before this I had a problem with the app not recognizing that some of my devices were in fact connected, but the app said they were “offline.” Now it’s not finding any devices. Some users on this site said they were told to reboot the gateway, but that didn’t work. Any other solutions? By the way, this is a new gateway, three bars, and yes, I spoke with customer support. No solutions offered.

Badge

If you have any samsung smart devices or amazon devices connect to the wifi, disconnect those and it should start working. For some reason it doesnt like those devices.

Disconnect them permanently, or disconnect and reconnect? We have three Samsung TVs, 13 other deices, and the app doesn’t find the other devices either, not just the TVs.

Badge

Likely reconnecting these certain problem devices will give the error in the app again but im not 100% sure. I stopped using it the App a few months ago because of this problem. Someone created their own app called Hint Control that is free and on the app store. It is a pretty good alternative

I’m no expert. Mine won’t let me add new devices. Especially Amazon Echo products. I’ve found out somewhere somehow that the network setting for the gateway is public so that seems to be the problem with those. It won’t add new phones iPads even when the gateway password is correct. I have not found how to change it to a private network.