Solved

VPN issues, can't connect to barracude VPN nor openVPN

Userlevel 2
Badge

Barracuda VPN, for work, refuses to connect at all.   Worked fine over Calyx hotspot which uses Tmo towers, so really confused on what causes the failure on home internet gateway vs. the Calyx hotspot.

-

OpenVPN attempted as a bandaide to tunnel through Tmo VPN issues.  DD-WRT reports the VPN makes a succesful connection but no clients can actually get any bandwidth through the router while “connected” to openVPN server.

icon

Best answer by restrictedtext42 15 June 2023, 22:24

View original

3 replies

I also have a problem connecting to Barracuda VPN with TMobile 5G Internet.  No one in my company has had any success with it. What gives?

Userlevel 2
Badge

I was able to change Barracuda VPN settings (req’s admin rights) to change from TCP to UDP protocol (or vice-versa, it’s been a while) and this change resolved the failure to connect; it now connects quickly and successfully… but it was painful to deal with as no one at Tmo could offer any advice at all on how to fix it, I happened upon a solution fumbling around and mostly by luck.

My Barracuda profile protocol was TCP-UDP Hybrid.  Tried changing to UDP but that didn't work.  So I changed it to TCP and that worked.