Question

why can I not fully access my 5G Gateway

• 20 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

With my older 4G hotspot device I was able to do all kinds of administration changes with this 5G Gateway I can't do crap and honestly it's about to get smashed with the sledgehammer

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You definitely don't want to smash it unless you want to give T-Mobile the full cost to replace it.  Most users never scratch the surface of the available options in these devices.  If you require more,control over your network.  Use a router and connect it to the Gateway as an access point.

Badge

Now I I did end up smashing it busted the sucker into a thousand pieces I'll tell you what there's quite a bit of gold inside of these these hotspot devices it's definitely going to get recycled no doubt about it

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Now I I did end up smashing it busted the sucker into a thousand pieces I'll tell you what there's quite a bit of gold inside of these these hotspot devices it's definitely going to get recycled no doubt about it

Don't be surprised at the crazy bill to replace it when T-Mobile doesn't get it back in the same condition you received it in.

Badge

No there was no cost for me it was through the lifeline service or whatever it is today they give you free cell phone free data service until I got it so there is no charge