Question

Wireless 5G Gateway - No IP Address for Device

• 18 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have an old Xerox Phaser printer that I want to connect to our new wireless 5G network.  The printer does not have wireless card, so I bought an IOGear Ethernet-2-WiFi universal adapter.  I set it up on the 192.168.12.* subnet.  The adapter says it is connected to the new wireless network. The T-Mobile app shows the device with a matching MAC address as connected, but the TCP/IP address is blank.  If I run an IP range scan and try all the live addresses, I can’t get the device interface (I’m also seeing pings back from devices that are not on the .  It’s as if DHCP isn’t working.

Any ideas?

3 replies

Badge

(I’m also seeing pings back from devices that are not on the WLAN like Reply from 192.168.12.113: Destination host unreachable.)

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Assuming you are on a Windows network, the IOGear manual on page 9-10, shows hot to make sure younger the IP address (which it sounds like you have). I would double-check my settings to make sure you can ping the IP address. If you can ping your IP address range and see all devices but the IOGear unit/printer, double check the connections (maybe lose). 

Retracing your steps is always a good start to troubleshooting.

I hope this helps.

https://www.iogear.com/support/dm/manual/GWU637

Badge

Problem solved - seems like some DHCP protocol issue - I assigned the printer I was connecting to with the IOGear to a static IP and it works.