Question

World of tanks not working

• 8 March 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge

World of Tanks does not connect and I have tried everything from uninstalling the game/reinstalling, uninstall norton360 and reinstall, uninstall nvidia drivers and reinstall. It plain will not connect at all.. World of warships works though. Weird. Help!!!

I have the gateway connected a EERO mesh network. I reset the network too. No help there.

last resort is unplug the gateway and boot cold but I doubt that will work too.

Solutions anyone?

Ed

8 replies

It is T-Mobile issue. Since the new update I have the same problem. I am going to contact them.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Take a look at this Reddit thread on the topic. Some have had success changing to a VPN like IPVanish.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobileisp/comments/y5rzh5/trouble_getting_to_world_of_tanks_server/

Good luck!

Badge

copz1998, I don’t think I know how to change to a vpn. I am assuming you have to pay to get that service with another company??

Ed

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

There's a few free VPN’s one being Proton. I've never personally used one I've just read about them on various posts.

Badge

thanks gramps28

Badge

A person named Leo Mayer on the World of Tanks community sent me this message on the WOT Community page to fix my connection to WOT. I tried it and the game is working now. I do not know if this is a long term solution or what other issues it may create so if anyone knows if this fix is going to cause a problem then please comment below.

To solve the issue, please try to disable the IPv6 protocol in your network connection:

• press WIN-R key combination;
  • in the Open field, type or copy ncpa.cpl and press Enter key;
  • click the right mouse button on your active network connection (wireless) in the window opened and select Properties;
  • unpin the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) item in the Properties window;
  • run the game and check it for the issue.

Please inform us of the result.

The Leo Mayer fix worked for me.  I was unable to login to WOT for over 2 weeks.  Unpinned the Internet protocol Version 6 and it worked.  Thanks.

A person named Leo Mayer on the World of Tanks community sent me this message on the WOT Community page to fix my connection to WOT. I tried it and the game is working now. I do not know if this is a long term solution or what other issues it may create so if anyone knows if this fix is going to cause a problem then please comment below.

To solve the issue, please try to disable the IPv6 protocol in your network connection:

• press WIN-R key combination;
  • in the Open field, type or copy ncpa.cpl and press Enter key;
  • click the right mouse button on your active network connection (wireless) in the window opened and select Properties;
  • unpin the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) item in the Properties window;
  • run the game and check it for the issue.

Please inform us of the result.

This solved all my problems with connectivity problems twice!!!! Thanks I wish I was savvy enough to post this on Redit