Solved

wyze cameras will not connect since i got 5g internet home gayeway from t mobile

Badge

My wyze cameras not connecting to my 5g t mobile internet does anyone know why and can anyone offer help or direction to go thanks 

icon

Best answer by Cali Cat 31 May 2022, 22:36

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

The most simple possibility is that wyze camera uses 2.4G wifi and your TMO router combines 5 and 2.5G into one SSID. Separate your wifi into 2 different SSID, each for 5 and 2.4g. When you use your laptop or smartphone to setup wyze camera, make sure your laptop/smartphone is on the same 2.4g network so it can “see” it. After your wyze camera connects, you can set your other devices back to 5G.

There are multiple threads and the TMO manuals show you how to separate.

Badge

Thank you for your time 

I tried this but it doesn’t work

Mine still does not work either.

Says “cannot fine the specified network name”.

Look on the wifi modem for the IP address and type that into a browser. It will automatically take you to the configuration page for tmhi. But they have updated the app to select 2.4, 5g or automatic now too

I was able to connect to my TMO 5G modem and split them to have a 2.4 and a 5.0 Ghz wifi connections.  My old Wyze Cam V1 cameras will still not connect to the 2.4 wifi network.  I get: 

“cannot fine the specified network name”.

Maybe the new Wyze Cam V3 cameras will connect okay.  I was thinking about buying one of those and trying.

I am also having the same problem. I have a Wyze V3 Cam that worked fine on my previous crappy Xfinity service using only a 2.4 Ghz router.  I now have the T mobile Gateway dual band Model 5G21.  I set up a 2nd network at 2.4 Ghz.  The Wyze Cam still wont work on the 2.4 network….SLOW and CHOPPY…..no video.  

Hmmmmm.  I have a 2 year old Wyze Cam and a new V3 and and when starting with T-Mobile home internet, I made a separate 2.4 Ghz only network (SSID) and they both connected fine.  I find that you may need to run the setup on the Wyze Cam a couple times to get it to complete and even sometimes if it says setup failed it actually worked.

FOLLOWUP - After calling TMobile and Wyze help lines and spending countless hours trying to resolve….I threw in the towel and bought a Google Nest Indoor Wired Cam.  It WORKS with Dual Band Routers and I am having ZERO issues.  I actually like the Google Cam much better than the Wyze even though it cost $99 vs $35 for the Wyze.

I have the same issue. I have a separate router for Wi-Fi. It’s not the wyze cam either. When I switched back to spectrum, wyze cams works fine. Switch back to T-Mobile isp, doesn’t work. It’s either the Arcadyn unit or T-Mobile network. Very spotty services. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

my wyze cams work with no problem

My two $22 Wyze cams needed switched to the 2.4 version instead of 5G and then had to be re-installed (just like my old cheap HP printer) but then both worked. 

Every time I connect my wyze cam v3.  It reboots my router every 9 minutes like clockwork.   Never had a problem on my other network router.   Not sure what  needs to be done or if anything can be done to fix this.   Sucks because I already have a few cameras that I want to set up. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

My Wyze cameras work fine with my TM Arcadyan router...however I did the initial camera set-up on that router.  If you're having a problem, maybe try doing a factory reset on the Wyze and do a fresh install.

My Wyze cameras work fine with my TM Arcadyan router...however I did the initial camera set-up on that router.  If you're having a problem, maybe try doing a factory reset on the Wyze and do a fresh install.

In the Wyze app,  I deleted the camera all together  than set it up with the new tm router.   I’ll give it another try.  

In the Wyze app,  I deleted the camera all together  than set it up with the new tm router.   I’ll give it another try.  

Just did the hard reset of the wyze camera.  Nothing changed.  Still reboots my router every 5-10 minutes.   I have a desktop and iphone connected to the router which functions fine with the router if the camera is disconnected.  

My two $22 Wyze cams needed switched to the 2.4 version instead of 5G and then had to be re-installed (just like my old cheap HP printer) but then both worked. 

how did you switch this to 2.4 .. My camera keep forcing my router to reboot every 5-10 min. 

Got it figured out.  It works now. 

1. Open the T-mobile Internet app

2. Go to the Network tab at the bottom

3. Click on the "+" sign to add a network

4. Add in the information for a 2nd network and change the frequency band to 2.4 GHz.

Done. Easy. Now you have 2 networks and 1 is 2.4 only. 

I have the same issue. I have a separate router for Wi-Fi. It’s not the wyze cam either. When I switched back to spectrum, wyze cams works fine. Switch back to T-Mobile isp, doesn’t work. It’s either the Arcadyn unit or T-Mobile network. Very spotty services. 

Here is what I had to do to fix the problems with the cameras.   I Created 2 separate networks in the T-Mobile app.  One specific to 2.4ghz and one totally dedicated to 5g.   So I found out it was my desktop Wi-Fi internal board that was conflicting with the cameras as they both were fighting for the  2.4ghz signal.   I  updated my Wi-Fi internal adapter  / board on the desktop to 5g.   

WiFi 6E AX210 PCI-E WiFi Card... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VWRW7X7?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

my iPhone and desktop are on the dedicated 5g  and cameras on 2.4ghz    This Solved the problem of my router rebooting every 5-10 minutes   

FOLLOWUP - After calling TMobile and Wyze help lines and spending countless hours trying to resolve….I threw in the towel and bought a Google Nest Indoor Wired Cam.  It WORKS with Dual Band Routers and I am having ZERO issues.  I actually like the Google Cam much better than the Wyze even though it cost $99 vs $35 for the Wyze.

I had to update my Wi-Fi internal adapter on my desktop to use 5g.   My old one was a 2.4 conflicting with my Wyze cameras.  Now just my cameras are on the 2.4 of the router and iPhone and desktop computer is using the dedicated 5g network.  I don’t have them switching back and forth.  Totally dedicated.  It was a nightmare to figure out.