Question

Apple Watch SE Standalone - International roaming doesn't work

• 4 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I’m traveling in one of the T-mobile supported roaming countries (Spain) and while our phones have successfully used the local cell network, our standalone apple watch (not tethered to a device) is unable to go into international roaming mode.  I spoke to a T-mobile rep (who was nice, but didn’t seem that knowledgeable) and we hunted for some plan that might allow for international roaming for a standalone but were unable to find one.  Oddly, on this page: https://my.t-mobile.com/account/change-plan/plan-comparison there seems to be a Standalone 500Mb plan that DOES support International roaming.  I happen to have an Unlimited plan, which I assume would supersede a 500Mb plan.  Is there any truth to the 500Mb plan and actual international roaming or is this untrue?

1 reply

Had the same happen in Belgium over the holidays… they sold us an international data pass - do not do this! It does NOT work! There is no way to even activate that pass on the watch.

The final conclusion was that there is just no EU roaming offered on the stand alone watch plan. We’d have it if we linked the watch to my phone but kiddo receiving all my texts and calls is obviously not an option. So they leave us hanging.

Very sad situation.