Question

Best time to restart device for International Pass

• 11 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Got the 10-day International Pass for overseas travel. Text message says it will start on the chosen date and time as soon as I restart my device. Will be mid-flight at that time. Rookie international traveler here. Will there be any issue w/ connection if restarting the device once I’m in the destination country? Thinking no, but seeking assurance. 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

How exciting to have an international trip coming up. I love that you are thinking ahead to prevent any hiccups on the way. 

There should be no issue with you restarting your phone once you land. You should get a text message after restarting the phone that welcomes you to the country and breaks down the benefits while you are traveling. You may need to turn on data roaming in settings on your phone. 

Safe travels!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’ve never heard anything about restarting your phone to trigger the start of a Data Pass. Some time back (2 years ago?) we discussed the subject here and learned that prepurchased Data Passes started at some time (I forgot the exact time) PST on the day selected.

IMHO, the best way to buy a data pass is via the T-Mobile app after you arrive. The timer starts instantly.