Question

I can't all out from Philippines on the Magenta plan

• 8 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I’ve been trying to make calls using my T-Mobile number from the Philippines under the Magenta plan. I’ve do so successfully in another country before coming here but since here I only get a message saying my call can’t be completed. Then, a message flashes at the bottom of the screen that says ‘Conditional Call Forwarding Active’.  No matter what fixed I’ve tried, I can’t get the calls to dial out.  My sim shows that I am connected to Globe Telecom while here so I assume that’s who T-Mobile uses for me to use as a carrier while here.  My text function works perfectly and I can send and receive texts back to the USA with no problem. I can also make local calls here in the Philippines with my T-Mobile number, I just can’t dial back to the USA.  If anyone knows what causes this ‘Conditional Call Forwarding Active’ message to pop up and if that’s the root of the problem with me calling back to the USA, please advise, thank you. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

This is basically a user to user forum with some tmobile moderation that don't have account access so you need to contact Tmobile support using the free international support number.

Badge

How can I call the number when my phone doesn’t dial out to the USA lol?  I’ll have to find an alternative.  Besides, I already went through support with chat using my international data and these call center people were clueless about how to solve this issue. I was hoping someone here that was in the Philippines had the same issue and had a possible solution, that’s why i asked.  Thanks anyway Gramps..

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Your device might not be compatible with their implementation of HD Voice or VoLTE.  T-Mobile can’t guarantee device compatibility on another carriers network.  What device are you using and have you tried putting in the APN settings for the network you are roaming on to?  Did you purchase an international package before going on your trip?  You might not have enough funds available to make a call or potentially have exceeded a threshold of international use that has enabled call blocking. 

Calling the number that Gramps suggested is a toll free call from your T-Mobile line.  It should go through regardless.  You can also try 611 from your device to see if that also forwards you to Customer Care.  If that doesn’t work, send a DM to T-Mobile on Facebook or Twitter to have them look into things for you.  

Badge

This is basically a user to user forum with some tmobile moderation that don't have account access so you need to contact Tmobile support using the free international support number.

i have called that number from the Philippines but says you have call barring. cannot call nor text from the Philippines to USA