International Roaming in UK doesn't work at all!§

• 11 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi - nothing has worked - not phone calls, not text, and not data - since arrival five days ago.

I can’t reach anyone at T Mobile customer service. 

Grateful for any help! 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Mobile plan and phone? Have you manually searched for a network?

excerpt from my chat with a T-Mobile agent:

i'm afraid that we don't have towers available in london as of the moment since the london government didn't give us yet the permission to do so , Now how about this since you cannot use your service out there i can temporarily process na unlocking request on your device in that way you can use a local sim card while you are out there how's that ?

I spent $150 for an international data plan which didn't work at all and you were lucky to get a 4GLTE signal, what a waste of money. T-Mobile UK no longer exists they merged with Orange and are now called 22. Most coverages were EDGE and voice was non-existent. I called several times and spent hours in customer care but was no help. T-Mobile used to be a great international coverage carrier. This is no longer.. On another note while in London I roamed on Vodafone Verizon's international partner..

It is now September 2023 and I cannot get any carrier while roaming in the UK. I was told I don’t have to do anything to my phone it will just work. iPhone 13 Pro. Nothing!? Thank goodness for Wi-Fi but it is not always convenient and no good for emergencies. T-Mobile what is going on? You’re leaving us high and dry. I can’t believe you are still advertising on your website. 👎

I've been here in London since Sunday afternoon, so far with T-Mobile roaming data, no issues at all works fine. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I've been here in London since Sunday afternoon, so far with T-Mobile roaming data, no issues at all works fine. 

which is a bit nuts since per the TMO site London still isnt covered. Just randomly looked.

For those checking to see if their destination is covered..heres where you check

https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans/international-roaming-plans