Solved

International Travel

• 20 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

Reading on T-Mobile site indicates that our i-phones / mobile phones will work internationally.  No set up, no additional fees.  Is this true?  If not, what is needed to use a phone internationally (one country in Europe) for a week.

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by gramps28 20 February 2024, 02:24

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You have data and sms and calls will vary depending on the country.

https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans/international-roaming-plans

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You will want to check with Customer Care to make sure International Roaming is enabled for each of your lines that will be traveling on the trip.  You might also want to inquire about roaming rates in the countries you are visiting and potwntially purchase an International Pass for each line traveling.  

According to the plan I have, I was supposed to have international coverage but just to be safe I spoke with chat support once as well as going into a store to ask in person. Of course when I landed in Iceland I had zero service. I spent seven days there and was only able to get online when I was in the hotel or a restaurant using their wifi. I wouldn't trust them again in a situation like this. From what I've read, you can purchase a local SIM card at the airport when you arrive and it's what I'll do next time I travel abroad. Enjoy your trip!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

According to the plan I have, I was supposed to have international coverage but just to be safe I spoke with chat support once as well as going into a store to ask in person. Of course when I landed in Iceland I had zero service. I spent seven days there and was only able to get online when I was in the hotel or a restaurant using their wifi. I wouldn't trust them again in a situation like this. From what I've read, you can purchase a local SIM card at the airport when you arrive and it's what I'll do next time I travel abroad. Enjoy your trip!

If you buy a local Sim you need to make sure your phone is sim unlocked.

@gramps28 That is correct. I probably should have mentioned that. My phone is unlocked so I just didn't think to add that in. Thanks for the input.