Question

International Travel - What does Magenta MAX Plans Cover?

• 11 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello, everyone!

Next month, my friends and I will be traveling to Europe for about two weeks. We will be using Delta Airlines and will also be taking a Royal Caribbean cruise for one of the two weeks.

The countries that we will be visiting will include:

• Italy
  • Greece
  • Croatia
  • France

I recently switched to T-Mobile last week and am currently on the Magenta Max plan. While the representative that assisted me at the store was very informative, I realized belatedly that I had forgotten to ask a few questions in regards to how my plan will keep me connected during my trip. I have done a few searches on the website, but I feel like it doesn’t fully answer the questions that I have unless I am somehow overlooking it.

1. The website mentions GoGo InFlight Wi-Fi - assuming that my flights allows me to utilize this, will it be unlimited or just one hour of usage? There would be 5 flights in two weeks, so if they all have this would that cover all flights or is there a limit to how many times I could use it?
  2. The website also says that for Magenta Max plans, I would give unlimited data and text and low-rate calling while traveling abroad for the aforementioned countries - is this true? Would there be any additional fees for using my data or texting? I am not sure how roaming works.
  3. Would I still have service during the cruise? I’m sure it may be spotty as there would be a few days at sea, but would it still somewhat work? I assume it would also have unlimited data and text and low-rate calling, but I have the same question about additional fees. And again, no idea how roaming works.
  4. Are there additional charges I should be concerned about?

I apologize for the many questions and wordiness of my post. I just want to be sure I am prepared in advance. Thank you to whoever takes the time to read this and answer any of my questions!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Do not connect to the cruise ship’s data is the first thing I would avoid.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I've taken similar.  Italy,  Croatia,  Greece,  Malta with TMobile One a few years back.   By default,  data is included,  but at 128-256kbps… usable but not great.  the only real cost to worry about would be on the cruise ship.  I'd recommend disabling cellular service while on land, as calls received would be charged ($$$), including messages going to VM.  I'd recommend checking the tmobile.com site for international info as well as cruises.  call and ask reps as well

So the T-Mobile website https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans/international-roaming-plans?country=Italy says they don’t have coverage in Italy…….I am on the magenta max and can’t seem to find out about international calling…...or what my speed will be or any useful info…...Will my pixel 7 work in Italy on the t-mobile network, if it is on the t-mobile network why would there be an additional charge?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans/international-roaming-plans?country=Italy

there yuh go.

not that anyone from a year ago will be still needing this..but yes Italy is covered.

Plan

Data

Text

Talk

Plans with Simple Global

Connect, share, and text abroad at no extra cost with your plan benefits in 215+ countries and destinations. Not sure if this is you? See the FAQs below to see if your plan qualifies.

Unlimited

MAX and Plus plans

Up to 5GB high-speed On Us,
then up to 256Kbps

Other Simple Global plans

Up to 256Kbps On Us

Unlimited

$0.25/min

Other T-Mobile plans

To activate these rates, add the World Class Service to each line through My T-Mobile

$15.00/MB
Sending$0.50/txtReceivingDeducted from your domestic texting plan’s allotment.
$0.25/min