Question

No Service

• 19 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge
  • First activity
  • 5 replies

I am a T-Mobile user currently traveling in Taiwan. When I arrived in Taiwan, T-Mobile sent me a text message to notify me "Your plan includes coverage that gives you unlimited data On Us now at faster speeds up to 256Kbps, plus unlimited texts at no extra cost." At the beginning, no matter indoors or outdoors, with or without Wi-Fi, I could see the logo of T-Mobile's cooperative telecommunications company in Taiwan (Far EasTone Telecom) displayed in the upper left corner of the screen of my mobile phone (iPhone 15 Pro). But recently, for some unknown reason, whenever I go outside and there is no Wi-Fi available, the logo of T-Mobile's cooperative telecom company in Taiwan disappears from the screen of my mobile phone, and the iPhone control center shows no service. There is neither unlimited data available nor the ability to send and receive text messages. I have reset Wi-Fi and internet setting but it is not working. How can I solve the problem?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Do you have international roaming turned on?

Badge

Yes, I did. Setting → Cellular → Cellular Data Options → Data Roaming  “ON”

To resolve the issue, try the following steps:

Restart your iPhone: Power it off and then back on to refresh network connections.

Manually select the network: Go to Settings > Mobile > Network Selection > Choose Far EasTone Telecom.

Update carrier settings: Go to Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll be prompted to install it.

Badge

I don’t see the option “Mobile” in the setting. But I found the option “Network Selection “ under the option  “Cellular” and there in only one network “T-Mobile Wi-Fi” I can choose.

Badge

And the software update setting shows the iOS is up to date “iOS 17.2”