Solved

Receiving calls from Kazakhstan

• 24 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hey y'all,

I have a friend who currently lives in Kazakhstan and I'd like to receive calls from them. I checked the international list and Kazakhstan was not listed. Does anyone know if it's possible to receive calls from them or if there's anything specific I need to do? Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by drnewcomb 24 August 2023, 23:28

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

as long as theyre able to use things like Facebook or the like you could always just do video calls using wifi and or depending on what type of phone yall both have if theyre both Apple you can face time each other. data calls dont act the same as actual calls.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You should be able to receive calls from anywhere in the world. It costs you nothing more than receiving a local call. T-Mobile’s webpages for international calling and roaming frequently don’t work. Right now I can’t find the rates for calling UK, so Kazakhstan is right out, It’s probably a lot cheaper to use Google Voice. T-Mobile’s international rack rates are absurd.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@drnewcomb Is correct about receiving the call not charging you anything. When you are calling them, you will want to consider the rates of calling. 

I was able to use our international page to find the rates for calling Kazakhstan and included a link to that search below. We have our Stateside International feature that can help with the costs, but the previous answers are also correct on that front. Using another calling app like Facebook or Google Voice could save you some money there too. 

Our Best Unlimited International Calling Plan & Affordable Rates | Kazakhstan search