Solved

Receiving calls or texts while overseas

• 13 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

What happens when someone calls my phone when I'm overseas and they don't know to use a country code.

icon

Best answer by syaoran 1 February 2024, 18:53

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Calling the US from overseas should use, +01.  It ultimately depends on their carrier though.  Some carriers use a form of assisted dialing to make sure their customers can place their calls without having to add in extra numbers.  

Badge

Hi Syaoran. Thanks for your reply. What I want to check is about "those in the USA" calling me when I'm traveling overseas.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

They would dial your number the same as if you were in the US.  

Great info, so just to confirm, my child is taking her t-mobile US based phone over to New Zealand for a semester of school and if I need to call her on her cell phone from my t-mobile cell phone, I can just dial her regular phone number the same as if they were right here in US?  e.g. +1,xxx-xxx-xxxx    I don’t have to use the New Zealand country code (64) and 011?

thank you for any info!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Great info, so just to confirm, my child is taking her t-mobile US based phone over to New Zealand for a semester of school and if I need to call her on her cell phone from my t-mobile cell phone, I can just dial her regular phone number the same as if they were right here in US?  e.g. +1,xxx-xxx-xxxx    I don’t have to use the New Zealand country code (64) and 011?

thank you for any info!

Yes.  Her number, area code, and country code for her line do not change when traveling abroad.