Question

Roaming does not work in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

• 27 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I am a flight attendant and every time I am in Rio my phone does not work. I have no data service and I cannot make or receive calls and text messages. Customer service has me go through the same steps to fix it ever time, network reset on my phone, set network operators to manual and try each one. None of them will connect they end up having to do a network reset on their end and my phone starts working for the rest of my time here. Then the next week when I arrive it is rinse and repeat same thing over and over again, I am getting really frustrated and am about ready to go back to AT&T. This is the only place I travel that has this issue! London, Frankfurt, Munich, Santiago ever places else turn my phone on when I land, and it works. 

Anyone else have any problems with Brazill? My crew mates that also have T-Mobile don't seem to have this issue.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Do you have roaming turned on in your devices settings?  Is your device compatible with the roing partner there?  What device are you using?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

What plan are you on and what phone are you using? Who are you calling at T-Mobile? (611 or +1-505-998-3793)  I just read a report from someone whose Zenfone 10 could roam in France but not in Italy.