Question

SMS from Sweden

• 20 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I don’t receive any SMS from Sweden; it’s not just from one person or service, it doesn’t work period!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

What device and messaging app are you using?  It might be specifically related to a Swedish carrier or regional issue.  Are they entering the number correctly?

Badge

my Samsung (one year old). I am the one entering the number so, yes it is correct. I am needing authentication for a service I use while in Sweden and the SMS with the code does not reach me and thus I can not buy the train tickets I need.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

That is more than likely because these services do not send verification texts to international numbers.  This is a common fraud prevention method.  This has nothing to do with T-Mobile USA as T-Mobile USA does not stop/block incoming texts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

T-Mobile short codes (like one time pin text messages or two step verification messages) do not work when you are out of the country, so I am going to assume that short codes from another country are not going to work in the US. Is there a way for them to send you the authentication through email instead?