Question

T-Mobile Service in Mexico

• 11 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

I’m a USA T-Mobile customer who will be traveling to Mexico City. What I have to do to be able to have internet acces and make phone calls from my phone while I’m there? I will only be in Mexico for 10 days.

It is very important to me to have internet access on my phone since I will be attending  concert and the tickets are only acceptable via the internet. Not even a picture of my tickets will be accepted. Please, respond ASAP with the applicable instructions for my case.

Thanks in advance for your prompt response to this request. 

Leslie R. Quiros 

504 610-5703 

quiroslr52@gmail.com

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Calls and text should work fine but you may need to go to your network settings and make sure you're connected to the partner Mexican carrier.

what do we need to when landing in mexico?  do we need to dial #766# on our phone to activate local network or will it do it automatically?  Do we need to change any phone settings in cellular data and roaming or elsewhere?  Please advise.  Than you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

What phone plan do you have? Most plans should work pretty much the same in Mexico as they do in the USA.

iPhones 13 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

The iPhone is good but I need to know what plan (e.g. Simple Choice, Magenta, Essentials, etc) you are on.

Magenta.  I know it’s covered but just need to know

if we need to do anything with settings and the actual phone upon arrival to activate local network (ie roaming on or off, cellular data on or off, etc).  Ty. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Data roaming should be ON and cellular data ON. You should not have to do anything else unless you’ve turned something off in the past. To  be sure roaming is not turned off you can enter #RON#(Send) You should get a message saying that roaming is enabled.