Question

assigning networks to ethernet ports

• 1 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have a wireless printer that has to connect via a WPS button (no apps available for this printer). I set up a 2.4 gHZ network on my t mobile modem, hooked a Ethernet cable into the back and ran it to a router. Tried connecting the printer wirelessly but it keeps failing

I think the issue is that the t mobile modem is automatically sending the 5g network out through the Ethernet jacks, instead of the 2.4gHz one I set up. Is there any way to manually assign a network to the Ethernet jacks on the back of the t mobile modem?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I have a wireless printer that has to connect via a WPS button (no apps available for this printer). I set up a 2.4 gHZ network on my t mobile modem, hooked a Ethernet cable into the back and ran it to a router. Tried connecting the printer wirelessly but it keeps failing

I think the issue is that the t mobile modem is automatically sending the 5g network out through the Ethernet jacks, instead of the 2.4gHz one I set up. Is there any way to manually assign a network to the Ethernet jacks on the back of the t mobile modem?

Ethernet (wired) is not controlled by the wireless 2.4GHz or 5GHz bands.

Tell us your printer manufacturer and model number, and we may be able to help more.

Badge

I have a cannon mg3222

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I have a cannon mg3222

There appears to be a way to connect your printer to your network without WPS.

The following link will give instructions on how to do it.  As you go through the installation, step #10 will actually start the procedure of connecting your printer to your network.  Be aware that an USB cable may be required.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART180653

If you have the CD-ROM that came with the printer, setup may be easier.